Positivity Breeds Happiness

Positivity Breeds Happiness

Who doesn't want to be happy?

133
Positivity Breeds Happiness
www.thumbsticks.com

When people are presented with issues in life, they generally will get upset. Being as we are in fact living life, everything will not always turn out how we want. Things will go wrong. Things will not work out and issues will occur. This process will never stop, unfortunately. But some issues are just not worth getting upset over. These situations are ones we can not change no matter what we do. And getting upset only has an effect on one person -- ourselves. This is why it's so important to look at the positive side of things in life. As we all know, positivity breeds happiness. I mean, have you ever seen a sad optimist? I doubt it! Once you began to do this, not only will unfortunate situations bother you less, but your overall mood will be better. You can face an unfortunate circumstance head on and not let it bring you down! No situation will have a negative effect on your mindset or mood because you will already know how to deal with it and deal with it effectively! For instance, say you are trying out a new recipe but it doesn’t come out how you thought it would. Rather than getting upset and vowing to never cook again, simply write a little note in the recipe to tell yourself what not to do and try the recipe again some other time! Or, if your plans end up not working out, you can plan for another day and maybe even add more fun things to do with the person! Looking at the positive aspect of negative situations can help you cope with things much easier as well. Although it may seem hard at first, the easiest way to do it is in small, gradual steps. Begin with small situations, such as plans being canceled, and then move on to more impactful things, such as not getting a much desired job or promotion. And when you focus on the positive, not only are you happy but you feel better too.

Helping someone focus on the positive is always a good thing too! Helping someone in general is good of course, but helping them feel better not only makes them feel good but you as well. You get a small sense of accomplishment and maybe even pride. This of course makes you happy, because you made them happy! So basically both of you are happy! But you shouldn’t boast about it, as that defeats the purpose. You also should not expect praise from the person who you helped, as that means you are helping them for the wrong reason. People will always need help from others even if they don’t ask, and the best help sometimes only requires a simple text or phone call to say, “Hey, it will be alright and we will get through this together.”