Positive Thoughts For Finals Week

Positive Thoughts For Finals Week

How to remember you're blessed even if you feel like a mess

33
Positive Thoughts For Finals Week
Seventeen

Thanksgiving has passed and Christmas music and decorations can now be found in houses around the world. The most wonderful time of the year is oh so close. For us college students, Christmas brings more than just cheer; it brings with it Christmas break, a month of no school. Only one thing stands between you and sleeping in, home cooked meals, and freedom: finals. That’s right. Unfortunately, the approaching Christmas season means that finals week is right around the corner, jammed in between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It’s rough. For some, this week will make or break their G.P.A.'s. It’s a very stressful time; however, there are still many, many things to be thankful for.

You might be dreading waking up to go study or take your final, but you woke up. If you’re alive and wake up, then it’s a beautiful day. Nothing in life is promised, so consider each morning a blessing. Not everyone is as fortunate.

Having to take finals means that you’re attending a university and are receiving an education. What could be better than that? You’ve been given this amazing opportunity to expand your knowledge and build a better future for yourself. You’re able to learn in a classroom as well as learn valuable life experiences. College is not an option or even a thought for some people, but you get to go to college. Taking finals might be a bummer, but it’s part of the experience. You’ve also hopefully gotten to make valuable friendships, get involved, and have fun!

This might seem silly, but be thankful that your professor cares enough to give a final. They want to make sure that you’re taking information from the class that can help you further down the road. They want what’s best for you. Teachers are helping to create a better future by giving you the information and tools you need to know more than they did and do more. They’re giving you the power. So what if you have to take a couple of tests? It will pay off in the long run (hopefully).

I don’t know what it is, but there’s something about studying and stressing together at three in the morning that really brings people closer. You could meet some of your best friends in the library. The great thing about finals is that everyone is going through it with you. Everyone understands what you’re feeling and thinking. It’s an emotional time and friends are definitely needed.

If you’re taking finals then guess what? You’re only a few days away from finishing the semester! You survived. You have earned that Christmas break. Now you’ve got a whole month off to spend time with family and friends. Then, you get to go back and have a totally different schedule and learn new things.

If nothing else, finals week means you’re one semester closer to graduating. I don’t think anything can be better than that.

Finals might be stressful, but just try to keep in mind how blessed you truly are.