Poetry On Odyssey: Inner Thoughts

Poetry On Odyssey: Inner Thoughts

A collection of short poems

100
Poetry On Odyssey: Inner Thoughts
PX Here

Sometimes, usually at nights, I lay down to go to bed but my head just feels so full of thoughts. Here is the result of some of those late night thoughts in the form of a few short poems. Enjoy!

A Single Moment

For a single moment the entire world stopped moving.

In that moment a girl fell in love with a boy who would

hold her heart for the rest of his life,

and she would never be the same.

Broken Minds

The broken mind was dreaming

of the night sky and unusual lives.

It parted the hardened mind that dreamt

and created boundless currents.

Distant Memories

Sometimes I wonder if I'm crazy.

I know that everyone probably thinks this at one point or another,

but this feels different.

The air is warm now and as it floods my room through my open window the memories flood my brain

both are hot to the touch and invade quickly.

I can't quite pinpoint it, but I recognize that summer nights scent.

It reminds me of that time at that place, that I can't quite name.

Reality seems so far away right now

and yet

right at my fingertips.

I can feel the warmth radiating off its edges,

their name settled on the tip of my tongue.

The familiarity of it all is comforting as it settles around me like a warm blanket on a cool winter night.

But there is also something unsettling about it.

I can't name it, can't quite put my finger on it... and that's what makes me ache.

I can feel myself aching

but know that it's not for something I'll ever know again

not in this lifetime.

Does everyone feel this way?

Does everyone have memories that press so hard against their bare skin at night that they wake up to bruises?

Those same memories once treated with care

now come in a box labelled Handle With Care in big bold letters

Losing Reality

It was not always been this way.

I know that, and yet, it still feels like I have lived ten lifetimes,

all the same. Inside of this dazed state I live in a dream.

My reality does not seem to match up with others,

and I am lost in my own mind.

Everything

is a thousand times more difficult than I know it should be.

I'm not sure I'll ever know how to lighten

the load I carry.

For You

You told me once how you liked girls who have long hair.

Because of you I spent months trying to grow my hair long.

You told me once you liked girls who are thin.

I spent months starving myself trying to fit into a size small.

You told me once that you liked girls who were blonde.

So I dyed my hair and straightened it every morning with the hope that you might like me more.

I changed everything about myself for you.

And yet, after all that, I still wasn't enough.