Poetry On Odyssey
Politics

Poetry On Odyssey: Light A Candle

It's what is in bold that matters. In love, in life, in everything.

342
Seventeen Flames Photography

Light a candle when you make love; one that smells like lavender or sugar cookie, something relaxing or something sweet.

Buy her flowers and chocolates from Dove; pink roses and dark chocolate will do.

Plan a date; Chinese takeout and star gazing on the hood of your car.

Plan a trip; to anywhere.

Pick the movie; comedy, action, romance or whatever you please.

Bite her lip; softly.

Hold her hand; fingers intertwined.

Let her cry; on your shoulder for as long as she needs.

Be the overly nice, loving, sweet guy; never stop being that guy.

Tell her your secrets; all of them.

Tell her she is beautiful; as often as you can.

Tell her you love her over and over until she knows that it's true; she undoubtedly loves you that much too.

Make her dinner; Italian is nice.

Make her gifts; something from the heart, with an inside joke and some soul.

Make your life together pure bliss; smiles, laughter and love. So much love.

Remember her favorite color; it's red.

And ask her to meet your mother; that's terrifying.

Give her your undivided attention; text her good morning, good afternoon and goodnight and please don't ignore her when she just wants to fight.

And never forget to mention all the things you love most about her; her curly hair, her crooked smile and her dorky laugh.

The way she sarcastically says "yes sir" when you demand that you kiss her; it's adorable, rather juvenile.

Take her mini golfing, bowling and shopping; she hates all of that but with you it's not so bad.

Laugh and laugh like you forgot how to stop it; she will probably snort she's laughing so hard.

Sing to her; her favorite songs.

Get a dog with her; she's allergic though so be picky.

Buy a house; she wants to do that on her own, but it would be better with you.

Get down on one knee; surrounded by the autumn leaves.

Do everything with her; instead of with me.

Be her best friend; that's all that she wants.

Be all that you can; for her, for you.

Be the very best man.

But don't you ever forget

In the mix of this love

I was the one that told you

To light a candle and buy her chocolates from Dove.