Poetry On Odyssey: How Would You Describe Heaven?

The little peaces of Nirvana I've found throughout life.

17

A poem about how I'm not sure how to describe all of the moments in my life I've experienced that have made me wonder if Heaven really is a place on Earth.

How Would You Describe Heaven?

I want to write about beautiful things,

capture summer evenings and outline them with fine-tuned metaphors.

Letting gentle breezes carry chlorine doused laughter; Getting kissed by sunshine soaked songs, giving you that sunburn that's just enough to keep you warm when the sun goes down.

Honeysuckle daydreams under a night sky, gifting you with a gentle comfort in knowing how small all of this really is.

How do you put dirt roads and fireflies between lines on a notebook page?

How do you describe cottonwood flowing on wind, writing their best poems about when the leaves will finally give up just like them?

I want to recall every moment I have felt God in perfect limerick,

endless hymns screamed out of car windows by friends who will turn the music up when all I feel is down.

Firecrackers lit between book pages, tossed like grenades into front lawns; hoping they'll burn up all the hurt with them.

I cannot weave my fingers between letters like I can in the hands of those who have resided inside my heart.

Add a million words to the dictionary and I will remain speechless, Heaven is still the silent backseat with forever out the window.