Poem About Home

Home

A visual poem about returning home..

9
Home
Aileene Maldonado - Nicaragua

Stepping out onto the pavement

with bits of green life sprouting from the sides,

the torrid heat falls upon my skin,

unable to stop these constant drips of sweat

from sliding down my flushed cheeks.

Heading into the coral porch,

I notice the white woven hammock hanging there

waiting for a gentle sway-

tempted, but resisted.

I am welcomed by the sweet sound of innocent laughter

and the bittersweet smell of roasting cocoa beans.

I close my eyes and smell the freshness of this tropical breeze,

feeling it blow through curly, long hair strands.

The land of volcanoes and lakes;

This is what I've been waiting for.

I'm home.

The Boyfriend Recipe

The ingredients to build a relationship are a little more complicated than just a bouquet of flowers and a box of candy.

480

Relationships. Long distance or not, significant others are much more than just that. I would be lying if I said I did not love the sweet gestures that only a boyfriend can give. The flowers, funny phone calls, hand holding, breakfast dates, and tight hugs are special but my relationship and many others out there exist on much more than just these little gestures. It is a tricky concoction that consists of one part boyfriend and two parts best friend and would not work without one part or the other. While having a relationship may not be quite as easy as baking a batch of cookies, it has its own recipe (with a few variations for flavor) to follow for a good match.