Six Playlists Everyone Should Have

Six Playlists Everyone Should Have

Because life needs a kick ass soundtrack.

7547
Six Playlists Everyone Should Have
Barcarolle Choir

Music definitely sets the tone for whatever you’re doing, and there’s nothing better than hearing the exact song that you need to. So I came up with a couple of different playlists that I think everyone needs in their lives.

1. Oldies

A typical oldies playlist consists of all of the songs your parents listen to, that you can’t help but love. For me, it’s a lot of Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen, and I hate to admit it but Dad music can sometimes be the best music.

Songs to Include:

Only the Good Die Young - Billy Joel

Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses

Come on Eileen - Dexys Midnight Runners

Bennie and the Jets - Elton John

Livin On A Prayer - Bon Jovi

Scenes from and Italian Restaurant - Billy Joel

Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond

2. Tbts

The songs we learned all of the words to in middle school. I’m sure if you close your eyes when you listen to this playlist, you can probably smell your singed hair from excessive straightening. If you went through a pop punk phase, this is the angstiest playlist you have.

Songs to Include:

7 Things - Miley Cyrus

Literally anything by Avril Lavigne

What’s My Name - Drake

Dear Maria Count Me In - All Time Low

Bedrock - Young Money

Lollipop - Lil Wayne

Down - Jay Sean

Forever - Chris Brown

3. Getting Ready

Pregame playlists really determine whether or not you have a good night. The lineup of Beyoncé’s hits (specifically Partition) and Buy U a Drank leave you with a stronger buzz than any alcohol could.

Songs to Include:

I Don’t Wanna Live Forever - Zayn ft Taylor Swift

Buy U a Drank - T Pain

Countdown - Beyonce

Waves - Kanye West

Ignition (Remix) - R. Kelly

Fast Car (Radio Edit) - Jonas Blue

Stacy’s Mom - Fountains of Wayne

All We Know - The Chainsmokers

4. Road trip

There is literally nothing better than road trip music. It is an incredible combination of all genres and the only place where it's acceptable encouraged to play Introducing Me by Nick Jonas followed by Chicken Fried by Zac Brown followed by Blink-182. (This is not to be confused with long car rides when you listen to sad music with your head against the window pretending that you’re in some dramatic movie scene.)

Songs to Include:

He Could Be the One - Hannah Montana

I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) - The Proclaimers

All Too Well - Taylor Swift

Only - Nicki Minaj

Beverly Hills - Weezer

I’ll Make a Man Out of You - Mulan Soundtrack

One Week - Barenaked Ladies

P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing - Michael Jackson

Say You Won’t Let Go - James Arthur

Castle on the Hill - Ed Sheeran

Something Like That - Tim McGraw

5. Studying

Studying playlists are so different for everyone, because some people need classical or Mario Kart or something instrumental to focus. I like to listen to songs I’ve never heard before so that the word aren’t distracting, with the occasional upbeat dance-break song.

Songs to Include:

Sunflower Seeds - Bryce Vine

Weak - AJR

Reflections - MisterWives

Say You Won’t Let Go - James Arthur

Maybe I’m Amazed - Paul McCartney

Someone New - Hozier

Cecilia - Simon & Garfunkel

Paris - The Chainsmokers

Home to Mama - Justin Bieber

6. Rainy Day / Sleep

My sleep playlist is very similar to my studying one because its a lot of slow, quiet background songs. So much acoustic. So much piano. So much John Mayer.

Songs to Include:

Can’t Help Falling in Love - Haley Reinhart

The Scientist - Corinne Bailey Rae

New York - Ed Sheeran

Say You Won’t Let Go - James Arthur (I really like this song a lot ok)

Slow Dancing in a Burning Room - John Mayer

Boston - Augustana

A Drop in the Ocean - Ron Pope

Fall For You - Secondhand Serenade

Goodnight Moon - Go Radio

If I Believe You - The 1975

Kiss Me - Ed Sheeran

Life of the Party - Shawn Mendes

She Will Be Loved (Acoustic) - Maroon 5

U.N.I. - Ed Sheeran

XO - John Mayer