Play-by-Play of a Democrat's Reaction to the 2016 Election

I, a democrat, describe my reactions as the results from this year's election rolled in.

42

On November 9th, 2016, there were so many thoughts running through my mind regarding the results of the election. I could not believe what I saw as I watched my favorite political analyst for MSNBC, Rachel Maddow, comment on the results.

Donald Trump is our next president. Say it with me, “Donald Trump is our next president.” Wow that is hard to grasp. On election night so many americans were completely distraught by the result including me.

Here are some of the thoughts and feelings that shot through my head during and after the election.

1. This is WAYYY too close! This is supposed to be a landslide. My girl HRC is supposed to clean his clock what is happening??
  2. OMG what if she loses? I haven’t mentally prepared for this. We could potentially have a weird-haired, cheeto man for a president. Be hopeful that people are smart enough to do the right thing.
  3. Okay, at least Howard County is a blue district and the state of Maryland is blue. I did my part at least.
  4. OMGGG HE JUST WON THE PRESIDENCY!!! AM I DREAMING? Oh God please let me be asleep, wake me up from this nightmare. Ashton Kutcher where are you??
  5. Oh crap it’s not a joke. Donald Trump is our president-elect. ARE YOU KIDDING!?
  6. *begins to sob*
  7. Poor Obama. He has to train this man to be our next president.
  8. OMG I FORGOT ABOUT THE CONGRESSMEN. Wow okay, the republicans have every part of government. Now I am scared.
  9. *realizes that I need to everything in my power to get the democrats back in power*
  10. OMG it’s morning! Is he still the president?? Did a state flip completely? *Looks at phone* Well, I guess I have to refer to him as President Trump from now on.
  11. *Gets yelled at by a Trump fan* Let me grieve!! I know you don’t get it but if you’re not a white male, YOU ARE A MINORITY and YOU SHOULD BE SCARED FOR YOUR LIFE.
  12. It’s okay you still have 70 days of your manz Barack Obama. Hopefully, Michelle Obama will run in 2020 because she will definitely win.
  13. *Begins countdown until 2018 when I can finally vote and hopefully win back Congress*

In all seriousness, the thoughts racing through my head may be similar to the thoughts racing through yours, but just know that we will overcome this hatred and bigotry. One day, hopefully soon, everyone will be loved equally. One day soon, Love WILL Trump Hate. And I don’t know about you but I am very excited to see that day. As for right now let’s stand together and fight this. We are Stronger Together.