Plants in the home

Having Plants In Your Home Could Have A Positive Impact On Your Health

Plants are pretty, good for the environment, and good for you. What is not to love?!

185
https://unsplash.com/photos/5Zj7Ye1xrhU

Having plants in your home can have extremely positive effects on both your mental and physical health, and they are so cute!

By adding some fun leafy friends to your interior decor, you can significantly improve your respiratory function, physical injuries, and mental focus.

Plants can improve your respiratory function by cleansing the air within your home. Plants can rid the air of up to 60% of its bacteria. In addition to this, through photosynthesis, plants are constantly recycling the carbon dioxide you emit and exchanging it with fresh oxygen. This source of fresh air within your home will result in greater concentrations of oxygen delivered to your muscles and brain. According to NASA, the Peace Lily and English Ivy are the most efficient at detoxifying the air.

The presence of plants has also been linked to a quick recovery from physical ailments. Multiple hospitals have claimed that patients who had plants in their rooms experienced less pain, anxiety, and drowsiness. Similarly, a study done at Kansas State University suggests that being around plants can increase healing from injuries and brings tranquility to the room and those within it.

Plants have been known to also promote cognitive abilities. Texas A&M published a study that ties plants with increased levels of creativity and problem-solving skills. Researchers at Exeter University carried out a complementary study in which they found that plants increased productivity in the workspace by 47% and memory retention by 20%. Northumbria University completed a study in which subjects exposed to rosemary statistically performed better on questionaries compared to those who were not.

By spotting the rooms of your home with a few potted plants, you will notice improvements in your cognitive abilities, mental well-being, and physical conditions. If this isn't enough selfish reasoning to convince you, just do it because plants are beautiful, and the world is dying!