Why I Plan On Voting For John Kasich

Why I Plan On Voting For John Kasich

He's the ideal presidential candidate.

7
Why I Plan On Voting For John Kasich
CNN

As a young Republican, I have been waiting to vote for the presidential election since the day I turned 18. As candidates started to announce their presidential campaign, there was never one person that really stood out to me. At first I was beginning to feel hopeless. My first time ever voting for president, and I had no idea in the world who I would even vote for.

Then enters Gov. John Kasich. (Yes I know that he literally did not literally enter the campaign late) but for some reason I finally noticed him.

The reason why someone may not notice Gov. Kasich during a debate is because he's a mature, respectful adult.

Gov. Kasich does not scream over the other candidates or insult them until he turns blue in the face. He respects the other candidates and answers when he is spoken to. Some people may see this as a problem. People may think, "Well, if he's not going to be aggressive in a debate, how will people notice him?"

Let's be honest here—out of the entire GOP debate, 95 percent of what you remember are the insults Donald Trump, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio threw at each other, not what their policies or ideas are. John Kasich is being penalized majorly in this presidential campaign because he is the only one on stage to ever act his age.

Obviously, I don't actually know Gov. Kasich personally, but what I see of him, I really like. He seems to come from a humble background, raised Roman Catholic and is a wholesome family man. Gov. Kasich also has something going for him that no one else in the election does—he has governed an entire state. He knows how to directly run a group of people, which in my eyes is a huge bonus. When Gov. Kasich gets on stage, he doesn't have ludicrous ideas about building a huge wall or even deporting every single illegal immigrant in the country. Gov. Kasich has realistic goals and expectations for becoming president. Yes, of course, he is conservative, but after all he is a Republican. I believe he is conservative, but not crazy.

In mid-February, while on the campaign trail, Gov. Kasich was finishing up when a young man asked if he could speak. This young man tells Gov. Kasich that over a year ago, a man who was like his father committed suicide. Then on top of that his family began to develop other issues. His silver lining in the story was that he found comfort in the Lord and found comfort in a presidential candidate he supports. He then asks Gov. Kasich for "one of those hugs you're always talking about."

An emotional Gov. Kasich walks over to that young man and gives him a big hug. He holds on and whispers in his ear, words of comfort, I presume. What other presidential candidate do you see giving people hugs? Showing real emotion and truly connecting with their supports?

No one, that's who.

Gov. John Kasich is the clear choice for President of the United States. He is real, he cares about the people and he has great goals for what our country should become. It just saddens me that people have been taking so long to recognize how great of a man he is purely because he is polite and respectful.

What's even scarier is that he might be out of the race before he was ever given a chance.

I am (hopefully) voting for John Kasich because I believe he is what America needs. We need someone with real experience. We need someone who can connect to the people of America. We need someone that we as a nation can look up to for support, in the good and bad times. We need someone with realistic goals and can achieve them. We need someone like John Kasich as President of the United States.

Please, when you cast your vote, do not vote for the most boisterous person in the debates or the one who entertains you the most. Choose the person you think will do the greatest job and be able to unite everyone in America again. I ask you to sincerely consider Gov. John Kaisch before he runs out of time.