A Plan in Motion

A Plan in Motion

Will Rebecca Take the Offer?

978
Why Women Aren't Getting Flex Time at Work but Men are

Mr. Brooks Piont of View:

As Rebecca and I walk through the door we reminisce about our dinner date last night. Before I go to my office, I take Rebecca's hand in mine and pull her close to me and lean in for a deep passionate kiss. I have to pull away first because it didn't seem like she wanted to let go first. She's smiling from ear to ear and her eyes were sparkling. I didn't want to leave her but I have to get some work done. "I'll see you at lunch!"

"My break is at twelve, I love you."

"I love you too, Rebecca."

Claire's Point of View:

I can't believe they are together! Why couldn't my plan have worked in the first place. She's like a cockroach that's trying to ruin my happiness. Before she came a long I almost had Mr. Brooks like putty in my hands. Now I have to start all over because she came and ruined everything I worked for. I creep back to my office to call the headquarters in New York. This will be the perfect plan to get rid of her.

As also one of the CEOs of the company, I call the other CEO the resides in New York. He answers the phone, "Hey Howard this is Clair, and I was wondering how things are going in New York?"

"The sales are up by ten fold, we're making good profit."

"That's great! I have a favor to ask you. Do you have any openings for an executive position? I have an ambitious and passionate worker who really deserves to be in a high standing position in New York.

"Well all of the higher positions we have are filled, and we recently highered a new COO."

"Well that's a shame. We're just gonna have to fix that. We need to fire that person right away."

"We can't just fire them, we just hired them."

"Well, did the paperwork go through?"

"No, not all of it yet."

"Well technically we didn't hire them yet."

"Are you sure about this position? I'm not even sure how this person is capable of his job."

"Trust me, she can handle anything you throw at her. She's the best in the business. She does anything you ask of her and doesn't complain."

Well if that's what you want, I'll get right on that. I'll let you know when everything is settled and she can move down here."

"Great! Thanks! Talk to you later." I hang up the phone and I think to myself that's a lot easier than I thought it would be. I didn't think she'd actually listen to me.

A few days later, I receive all of the paperwork for Rebecca to fill out. I'm gonna let her know at the end of the day about he new position that opened up and tell her how qualified she is.

Rebecca's Point of View:

Today seemed like it was going so slow, but then the clock striked twelve and my heart jumped for joy. I never thought I'd find lunch so exciting. I head over to the faculty lounge and meet Mr. Alan Brooks at a table. I can't help but smile as I sit down and he just smiles back and asks, "What's up?"

"I'm just so happy to see you, is there anything wrong with that?"

Alan says, "No, I'm pretty great," he says kiddingly with a huge smile. I playfully hit his arm and we both start laughing.

"Well, I guess you're pretty great to."

"You guess?" I say jokingly.

"Well you haven't kissed me yet."

I get up and sit next to him on the other side of the table. We both lean in for a romantic kiss. We both have a hard time pulling away from each other. We were interrupted because Clair was in the doorway and cleared her throat. "I would like to talk to you Rebecca, at the end of the day in private before you leave."

"Okay, no problem, sounds good!" After Clair leaves, Alan says, "Ooh, you're in trouble!" I playfully slap him once again and we both laugh.

Mr. Brooks Point of View:

As I am waiting for Rebecca I forget something in my office and pass by Clair's office. I over here them talking and I can't help but eavesdrop on their conversation. I hear Clair talking first, "There's been an opening at the headquarters in New York and you were the first in line for the position."

"Wait, what? I am?"

"Due to your dedication and ambition, I recommended you for the position. If you take this opportunity your starting salary will be six figures, a company house, and a company car."

"Wait, seriously! This isn't a joke?"

"Yes, this is serious. If you decide on talking this job you will fly out this Friday and start on Monday."

"I really appreciate the offer, can I think about it?"

"Yes, but I need an answer by Wednesday."

After hearing all that, I run tl my office so they won't know I was out there. I can't believe Rebecca was offered such an amazing job, but if she takes it I might never see her again. I know this is a great opportunity for her, but I truly love her