7 Places to Travel to Before You are 30

7 Places You Should Visit Before You Are 30

Trying to figure out where to travel is already hard as it is when you are a busy twenty-something.

90
travel sign

Traveling while in your twenties is probably the best time to travel. You haven't completely started your career yet, you don't have kids or a mortgage to tie you down, and you actually have spare time. Your twenties is right before your life gets serious and starts to speed you by. If you are anything like me, I aspire to travel, no matter how crazy life gets. It gives you the opportunity to just disconnect from everything back home and explore. Experiencing other cultures is also a great way to become more knowledgable in the world around us while also reminding us of what it is we love about where we come from and can bring you a perspective you've never thought to look from before.

Mykonos, Greece

Personally, Greece has always been my dream vacation spot. I can probably blame The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants for that. The beach seems so beautiful and breathtaking. Just imagine laying on the beach with clear blue water. I have also wanted to try authentic Mediterranean food. Anything in the States is never truly authentic. Not only the beach seems mesmerizing, but just the architecture gives you more reason to go.

Rome, Italy

Italy? Real Pizza? Deal. In movies, Italy has always been portrayed as the go-to vacation spot. The history in this country is beyond phenomenal as well as the architecture. Real Italian food is better than what we have in the States and most likely fresher as well. The history, like any other place, is beyond words. You can explore the Roman Collesium and visit the countryside and explore the wineries and vineyards.

Seattle, Washington

One word. Coffee. As a college student, I live and thrive off coffee. Going to Seattle would be a dream to indulge in all of the coffee I possibly could. Also, my younger self has always wanted to go to Washington just because of Twilight. Seattle is known for the culture and hidden rain forests. The art culture of Seattle is beyond words can explain. If you like gloomy days it is the place to go, with rain being in the forecast almost half of the days throughout the year.

Tokyo, Japan

Whenever I think of Tokyo, I think of Mount Fuji, food, fashion, and Cherry Blossoms. I see Tokyo as a unique place to visit. Reading from numerous blogs and travel websites, I have seen that it is a fast pace environment. Which is suitable for some people but not all. Think of New York, but most likely much faster. Everyone is up and at it like they are on a mission. Another thing I think of when I think of Tokyo or Japan, in general, is ramen. Every college student thrives off of Top Ramen, but imagine getting it fresh and not in a dehydrated packet. Granted, you can get it here but knowing that it originated from Japan.

New York City, New York

When I was younger, my mom and I traveled to the Big Apple. It was the summer between middle school and high school. From what I can remember, I loved every second of it. I think someone in their twenties should definitely go if they are not used to the atmosphere. It is just something about NYC that inspires me to do more and better. You see all of these people who are always working and always on the go. Also, NYC is known for the numerous amount of art galleries that you cannot find anywhere else. No matter what kind of art you are looking for you'll find it there. Another attraction is the Broadway musicals, there is no other place in the States that you will find all the best and well known musicals.

Bora, Bora

Every vacation list has to have a tropical destination and I think my list must include Bora Bora. Bora Bora is a place you always see your favorite influencers and brands go to and you just think. "It must be nice." Yes, Hawaii is nice, but there is just something about this island in particular. You dream of staying in one of the huts in the water. It is technically every tropical destination dream to be able to do so. Hiking and exploring the island with being disconnected from the world is every twenty-something's dream.

Paris, France

Paris is known as the "City of Love." You dream of going to the Eiffel Tower and taking cute and good pictures for Instagram. Also, if you are a giant foodie like I am. Paris is the place to go to. There are pastries and bread galore! If you are into the cafe aesthetic Paris is also the right place to be. I have seen cafes on almost all street corners. (Based on what is seen in the media and movies). Also, if you are a Disney fan, you can also explore Disneyland.