Places To Go When You Want To Be Alone

Places To Go When You Want To Be Alone

When you need break from your hectic life.

11457
Places To Go When You Want To Be Alone

In life it doesn’t matter if you’re super outgoing and enjoy being the center of attention, or if you’re the quiet one, there will always come a time when you just want to be alone. Maybe you’re having roommate trouble, or just went through a breakup, or got a bad grade on an assignment, there comes those days when you want to escape everyone and everything and just spend some time to think. I have a few places and activities that I like to go and do when I want to get away, and I thought I’d share them with you!

Find A Spot To Eno

In the last few years, Eno hammocks have become very popular and I was so happy when I recently got one. If you have one, go find a nice quiet spot and just sit and relax. It could be the balcony of your apartment, between two trees at the riverwalk, or you could even take it to a local park and find a secluded spot. Bring some water, snacks, and a book, and you’re in for some nice, relaxing alone time.

Image Credit: Daryn Sinclair

Go For A Drive

This is probably my favorite thing to do when I want to be alone, or clear my head. Get a full tank of gas, put your phone on silent and just drive. It doesn’t have to be very far and you don’t need a destination in mind, but if you just sit back and put on a great playlist, you’ll definitely be in for a good time. I’m telling you, nothing can put you in a better mood than going 70 miles per hour down a nice country road while blasting and singing along to your favorite songs.

Go For A Walk

Another thing I like to do when I want to clear my head is to go on a nice long walk. It could just be a few laps around my neighborhood, or even around the quad, but just having that time to really think always makes me feel better. Also, it’s proven that exercise is a great stress reliever so moving around is a sure fire way to release some feel-good endorphins.

Image Credit: Emily Moessner

Go To The Bookstore

One way to escape your own thoughts is to get lost in a good book, so why not get lost in a few thousand books? Whether your closest bookstore is a Barnes and Noble or a cute little mom and pop bookshop, find one and just sit and enjoy the atmosphere. Bookstores are great because not only are they usually a good mix of quiet and ambient noise, they are also great places to go and people watch or just sit and read in peace.