Places To Eat On Campus At SUNY Geneseo

Places To Eat On Campus At SUNY Geneseo

From dining halls to food trucks

412
Places To Eat On Campus At SUNY Geneseo
staticflickr

Anyone that's been at SUNY Geneseo for awhile has most likely tried every place to eat there is on campus. This article is more for the freshman, who are trying to figure out what there is out there. Tastes vary for everyone, so instead of reviewing these places, I'm going to describe them so that you can go to the places you're most interested in and try the food yourself. That way you can be the judge of whether you feel those places are worth going to eat or not. Every place I'm going to list accepts meal plan as payment.

1. Fusion (in the College Union)

Without a doubt, one of the most famous things to eat on campus is stir fry from Fusion. It's delicious, but beware, the fact is that the line for it takes a really long time. If you get in line, more often than not, be prepared to wait for about 30 minutes. Also, at Fusion is a sandwich area as well as something that I can most closely compare to a college version of Chipotle. Fusion is great for full on meals.

2. Chowhound (goes all around campus)

Chowhound is SUNY Geneseo's own personal food truck. It serves meals like burgers, salads, and wraps as well as smaller things such as french fries, fried ravioli, and mac and cheese bites.The food is great, but it's always difficult to pinpoint where exactly it's going to be at any given time.

3. Starbucks (in the College Union)

I'm not going to even bother with this one because, really, we should all know what Starbucks is and what's served there. But just like the stir fry line, be prepared for occasionally having to wait for quite awhile.

4. Books & Bytes (in the library)

Books & Bytes is mostly just quick food. Bagels, muffins, cookies, coffee, and then the refrigerated items that are sold all over campus. They also have an area where you can get different kinds of paninis and breakfast/brunch sandwiches. Books & Bytes is really just food to keep you going while you're at the library studying or for snacking on something between classes.

5. Uncle Vito's (call for delivery)

Uncle Vito's delivers pizza, buffalo wings, and pizza logs. It also delivers sweets like cinnamon twists. Their number is (585)-245-5160. Not many people use it, but it's so convenient. I love that I don't have to get out of my dorm to get my food.

5. MJ Dining Hall

At MJ, there are salads and smoothies served upstairs. Downstairs, there's a pasta area that is loved by everyone. Again, though, the line gets long and so does the wait. It also has an area that serves different things depending on what time of day it is. In the morning, it serves breakfast foods like omelets, bacon and eggs, and home fries. In the afternoon, it serves lunch foods like chicken tenders, grilled chicken sandwiches, and french fries. Starting this year, MJ is going to be open for dinner as well, so the same food served during lunch will be served throughout the rest of the day until it closes. MJ also has different special food for different days of the week. For example, they have Taco Tuesdays (literally my favorite day of the week).

6. Max Market (Letchworth Dining Hall)

Max Market is on the ground level of Letchworth Dining Hall. They have an area where they serve burgers and fries, an area where wraps and salads are served, an area where pizza and sandwiches are served. Finally, there's an area that serves ice cream and a variety of desserts. Max Market is a big favorite on campus as well.

7. Food Studio North (Letchworth Dining Hall)

Food Studio North is on the upper level of Letchworth Dining Hall. It's a pay-one-price location, kind of like a buffet. They serve traditional American food, Asian cuisine, and Italian cuisine. They also have vegetarian and vegan options, as well as a gluten-friendly kitchen and a kosher kitchen. In additinon, there is an area designated for sweets and ice cream. It's always a gamble whether the food is going to be good there or not on a particular day. Sometimes you leave really satisfied, other times you leave feeling like you wasted your meal plan. There's a digital menu right at the bottom of the stairs so you can check it out before going upstairs.

And previously, there was also Red Jacket Dining Hall and Southside Cafe nearwhere all the freshman housing is, but that's been closed for renovations, leading to extended hours for all the other places on this list.