5 NC Eateries For a Great Meal This Holiday Season

I like great taverns and I cannot lie!

17
Photo by Ali Inay on Unsplash

Ah, it's that time of year again, where love and cheer are residents of the air. What better way to celebrate such things than over a yummy meal?! Here are 5 places I love to visit for a great meal when it's chilly out. Enjoy <3

1. Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's is one of my favorite breakfast joints in Greensboro, NC. They have delicious omelets and quiches, decadent breakfast sweets (the cinnamon roll French toast is literal heaven), and mimosas. If you're looking for a chill spot for a hearty brunch, I recommend this dive!

2. Village Tavern

This is hands down my favorite place for a *fancy* (yet oh-so affordable) lunch when my parents visit me at UNCG! Their hot crab dip is hot, gooey deliciousness I always have to order whenever I visit the restaurant. Their filet mignon is definitely a crowd-pleaser too! Yet, my best-kept secret/guilty-pleasure would have to be their warm butter cake...let's just say you haven't lived until you've tried it.

3. The Mason Jar Tavern

It's cute, kinda homey, and houses a really delicious BLT. But, not just any BLT. Nope. This one has candied bacon!! Oh, did I forget to mention it also has fried green tomatoes on it? I did? My bad. Also (as if things couldn't get any better!), they do car pickups. Gotta love a restaurant that's mindful of social distancing!

4. Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen

Lucky 32 is one of those fab, yummy restaurants in Cary and Greensboro, NC that uses local produces to create all their marvelous dishes. So, their menu also has new, seasonal additions from time to time (butternut squash soup anyone?)! It's the perfect date night spot if you like classic, Southern dishes like skillet-fried chicken, fried green tomatoes, or shrimp and grits.

5. Superior Bakery

Located in Fayetteville, NC, this is one of those bakeries that make you want to eat dessert first! This fab spot was opened in 1956 by Greek immigrants. They have delicious desserts and baked goods ranging from filled croissants to fresh bread. With yummilicious pastries and a quaint, hometown bakery feel, It's simply a must-go.