I Have Everything I Need In Life, But One Thing Is Missing

Nothing matters if one big thing isn't there.

469
Unsplash

Have you ever felt that something was missing from your life?

I don’t think I have ever felt like that until now. At this stage of my life, I feel like I have everything, but one certain thing, and I can’t point out what it is.

Growing up, I was fortunate enough to not "want" anything, and anything that I did want, I got. And even now, I still believe that I have it all.

I am blessed to have such caring parents who pay for literally everything I have- phone, car, insurance, rent, etc. I have a good paying job and school is fully paid for through scholarships. And no, I am definitely not trying to brag about these things because I am truly thankful and humble.

You would think that because I have these things being paid for that I shouldn’t have anything to be down about but that’s not the case.

Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate these things being paid for, and the nice things that I have, but in the end, it doesn’t really mean anything to me. All of it is materialistic and doesn’t really fill that missing piece that I feel is missing right now.

I love the opportunity of being able to go to college, but sometimes I question, “is it worth it?”

I just feel like maybe what I am missing is something that is outside of college. Maybe an opportunity that I’ve always wanted, like having that chance to travel the world; something exciting.

Being in college, you see the same stuff, hear about the same stuff, do the same stuff. Tailgates and parties and Two Keys will always be fun, however, what else is there? I just feel like I need something new.

I graduate next May and I believe that I lived out the college experience for the most part. I don’t know if it’s because I’m getting older or what, but I am happy it’s slowly coming to an end. Things here are just starting to become old and I can’t get with it anymore.

Hopefully, before I leave here, I’ll find that missing piece so that I know I was just being dramatic. But honestly, nothing is showing yet.

I know that this article was all over the place, but hopefully some of y'all can relate. We’ll figure it out. Simple.