Ultimate Summer Guide: Best Food Festivals In Philadelphia

Sorry long lost beach bod, there's always next year!
29

Summer isn't over just yet! We still have 2 more months to neglect responsibilities and sip cocktails by the beautiful brown waters of the Atlantic ocean. Here's your guide to food festivals this summer in Philadelphia.

1. University City Dining Days July 16-26

University City Dining Days is a ten day long event that features 3 courses at 3 great prices. Participating restaurants in the University City District offer 3 course meals at either $15, $25, or $35 per person. This deal allows for customers to try diverse options from Ethiopian cuisine to craft beer bars. At this price, customers can take a virtual tour around the world without having to leave the comfort of Philadelphia. Participating locations vary from Dock Street Brewery, Copabanana, to Distrito. To find out more about Dining Days and to see participating locations visit their website here-

http://www.universitycity.org/university-city-dini...

2. Dog Days of Summer Cook-Off July 18

Presented by South Street Headhouse District, Dog Days of Summer Cook-Off is the ultimate hot dog competition. That’s right people, hot dogs. 20 local restaurants and food trucks will go grill to grill for the best hot dog recipe, and you can have the chance to taste them all! Throw in some live music, craft beers, and this is one wiener fest you don’t want to miss.

Interested in checking it out? Join their event on FaceBook! https://www.facebook.com/events/1643727609182406

3. Center City District Restaurant Week August 2-7, 9-14

Restaurant Week in Center City takes place twice a year, where customers can enjoy a prix-fixe menu for $20 lunch deals or $35 three course dinners. Restaurant week offers delicious yet budget friendly meals at some of the city’s most delectable locations. Menus and participating restaurants vary by year so be sure to check out the official website and make your reservations soon!

http://www.centercityphila.org/life/RestaurantWeek...

4. Night Market Philadelphia August 6

Night Market Philadelphia takes place at a few locations in the city of brotherly love, and this summer it’s coming back to Lancaster Ave! Named “Best City Event 2014” by Philadelphia Magazine, Night Market street food festival features many ethnic eateries and food trucks from around the city. The host of the event Food Trust is a national nonprofit organization working for everyone to have access to safe, nutritious food. Food Trust has hosted 16 Night Markets previously with over 300 vendors, and we're sure you'll find something here to love! Check out Night Market and what else they have going on at-

http://thefoodtrust.org/night-market

5. FEASTIVAL September TBA

Audi FEASTIVAL- an art and food festival taking place at Penn’s Landing this year for it’s fifth time. Celebrating the art and food culture of Philadelphia, FEASTIVAL supports FringeArts- a progressive are series featuring theatre, dance, and music performances. At FEASTIVAL there will be artistic FringeArt presentations as well as culinary experiences from local businesses. Although the exact date for the 2015 event is still being finalized, follow them to check out pictures from last year's FEASTIVAL and sign up to receive updates about the 2015 FESTIVAL!

http://www.phillyfeastival.com/