Phases Of The Semester As Told By Otters

Because who doesn't love otters?

45
vadaszlap.hu

There are many phases and common occurrences that play out during each class throughout the semester. From walking into class on the first day, to reaching the end of the semester and receiving your final grade for the class, there are multiple faces and expressions to accompany these common occurrences that all students recognize, even when those expressions are on otters. Here are some of the most common phases of the semester as told by otters:

1. When you get to class on the first day and see that your friend is in the same class.

Nothing makes a class better than taking that class with a friend. After all, now when you make jokes about the class or the professor, your friend will know exactly what you’re talking about.

2. When you get the first major assignment of class and have to struggle through it.

When you’re not entirely sure what the professor is looking for in your work and what sort of responses they are hoping for, completing assignments can be rather difficult and frustrating – enough so to give you a sour face.

3. When you get to choose members for a group project so you rush to find good group.

Picking group members can be a mad rush and can even involve yelling for students across the room. However, once the dust settles and you have your ideal group, you all feel pretty satisfied as you divvy up the work and exchange ideas for the assignment.

4. When you’re trying to not fall asleep during a boring lecture.

You’re not sure if you’ll miss something important if you fall asleep, or – even worse – if the professor will chastise you for sleeping in class.

5. When you get out of class and immediately go to take a nap.

After forcing yourself to stay awake for all of class, it feels pretty rewarding to be able to go back to bed.

6. When you get out of class and can finally eat.

You’ve been listening to your stomach growl for all of class, so you completely devour whatever food you can get your hands on.

7. When you forgot that you had an assignment due today.

Forgetting to do an assignment is arguably one of the most anxiety-inducing realizations for students. When it hits you that you totally forgot to do what was due today, you just hope that you can do complete it and submit it after class quick enough to at least get partial credit.

8. When you get into a heated debate with a classmate.

Although in-class debates don’t often get physical, they can still get pretty passionate – depending on the subject.

9. When you don’t want the professor to randomly call on you, so you act like you’re thinking very hard about the question they asked.

You just sit looking deep in thought, hoping the professor calls on someone else and will spare you the embarrassment of trying to find an answer to the question.

10. When you’re finally finished with classes for the week.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F02%2F10%2F636222922860971051771170899_nJJkDs7BQTllgaSAo2u-_FB8mrLKHyMF9dldcZo6Sv8.jpg%3Fw%3D560%26s%3D6bd191f9d2162915a6251b2dfec35bac&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=78&h=63cfc9df68bbbd165cf541e378e3fbc5007a3fe8fd6cf1a6e85822cabe62efc7&size=980x&c=3732582878 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2017%252F02%252F10%252F636222922860971051771170899_nJJkDs7BQTllgaSAo2u-_FB8mrLKHyMF9dldcZo6Sv8.jpg%253Fw%253D560%2526s%253D6bd191f9d2162915a6251b2dfec35bac%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D78%26h%3D63cfc9df68bbbd165cf541e378e3fbc5007a3fe8fd6cf1a6e85822cabe62efc7%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3732582878%22%7D" expand=1 original_size="1x1"]

Being finished with classes – even for the weekend – always calls for celebration.

11. When the teacher tells a (not-so-funny) joke and then gets annoyed because no one is laughing, so you fake a laugh.

Sometimes you just have to take one for the team and laugh as if the joke was actually hilarious.

12. When the professor tries to collect the in-class assignment but you haven’t finished yet.

It’s a mad rush to finish the assignment and hope that the teacher doesn’t get aggravated with you as you refuse to give them your paper.

13. When you zone-out during class and have no idea what the professor is talking about.

You’re stuck trying to make sense out everything you’re hearing, wondering how much of the lecture you’ve missed.

14. When you start stress-eating before finals week.

Because sometimes the best cure for the stress of finals week is food.

15. When you finish the semester with a good grade.

All of the hard work and stressing was worth it in the end.