Phases Of Formal Recruitment (As Told By Mean Girls)

That's SO Fetch

30

So it's day one: Meet and Greet.

You have been ready for recruitment all summer, and the outfit you are wearing was picked out earlier that year, because you're always prepared. You're already worried and asking people to see if you have sweat stains because you know you can feel it.

You're nervous to visit your first group of girls. You don't really know what to say or what to ask, and you have no idea what you're going to be able to mutter out when you are asked a question.

Then, all of a sudden, it's time. Your Rho Chi has gracefully presented you to your first sorority, and you light up and put on a big face and smile so big your mouth twitches after a few minutes. And so it begins: Formal Recruitment.

While talking to your first girl, she just absolutely has to tell you all the amazing things about her sorority all in about five minutes. When she finally comes up for air, you've accumulated millions of questions.

After going back and fourth with a couple of girls, you switch parties.

It has been going great, and you feel really good upon leaving every party. You're having a great time and you get to a party and you mention you know so-and-so in their sorority and they look at you like

and you have officially made the rest of you party awkward. You feel like you have messed up all chances in joining this sorority. It's okay. Not everyone gets along with every girl in their sorority, and you've come to understand that.

Meet and Greet is over, and you begin prep for Philanthropy day. You get to learn about where the sororities put their free time and their money they raise. They all start their party telling you how much money they raised for their philanthropy, and they all snap in unison for their accomplishments.

You get pumped about raising money, and you can see yourself fitting in almost everywhere. You have a mind of who you love and who you just kind of like, but of course it will change before the week is over.

Then, Philanthropy day is over and you prep for Theme Day/Sisterhood Day.

This is target day, the day you don't get to go back to every party anymore. It's sad and you might get your feelings hurt, but your Rho Chi, again, assures you that everything happens for a reason.

It's question time, and you have your game face on. They ask you what all you're involved in and what all you are good at and after your spiel, they say "Is that all?" and you quickly come up with some weird stuff you're good at.

Then, you're out of questions so you're kinda like..

Finally, the day is coming to a close, and all that sleep you have been missing from staying up all night worrying is starting to hit you all at once. But, the girls still demand full smiles and happiness and you will NOT disappoint. You have parents to make proud, and these girls are great at pushing you to do your best.

Now, for the Holy Grail of formal recruitment: Preference Day.

Of course by this time you have a great idea of where you want to end up, and once you get into their room, they have a girl for you who is intimidating and extremely gorgeous.

They ask you "Do you feel like you're going to fit in here?" and at this point you're like

So you laugh, cry, and get excited all at once about this new path you are about to take

and after all the tears and laughter, you exit the room knowing that Bid Day is going to be amazing!