The 9 Phases Of Every Girl Shopping At Target

"7. Buying everything in sight."

110
Flickr

Target is a magical place. literally you are transported into a whole different dimension where your brain forgets your budget, and you buy everything. Much like any other shopping experience, there are phases if you will. You arrive, you shop, you get tired, you leave. Well, Target has those phases like you have never known before.

1. Realizing you ran out of toothpaste.

Oh man, this is rough. You go to brush your teeth and would you look at that, you have literally one toothbrush full of toothpaste left. you can't let your teeth rot. You know exactly what this means.

2. Quickly run to Target because you have a coupon.

CVS, Walmart, and Walgreens simply just won't cut it this time. You have a coupon for the exact brand of toothpaste you use and it expires soon. You realize this is not a coincidence, it is a sign. You must go.

3. Arriving at Target.

You drive to your Target that is right around the corner from your house and precisely 27 minutes away. You confidently slide into a parking spot, shimmy out of your car so you don't hit the car next to you with your car door, and slink into the store with everything else but toothpaste on your mind.

4. Standing in the middle of Target knowing where you need to go, but thinking of what distraction to go to first.

You know that toothpaste is 60 paces towards the back of the store, two Bean Boots to the left, and a crouch down. Simple right? Well, you have to pass the makeup section, gold pillows, giraffe printed lamp shades, and inspirational planners. You soon realize that it's a trap.

5. Stopping to admire some cute decor.

You already have 12 planners and 4 packs of gel pens, but you realize you need just a few more inspirational items to make your life seem just a little organized. You see two pillows and begin to redecorate your living room in your head. But, you remember your college budget and reason kicks in. You cannot redecorate an entire room with $0.57.

6. Sensory overload.

This is when everything hits you at once. You go into a complete frenzy and begin running down all of the aisles to see what all you can buy. To be honest, you literally look insane and you are ok with it.

7. Buying everything in sight.

You throw all of the things you can into your basket before it overflows. You don't even know if you got the toothpaste and at this moment in time, you don't even care.

8. Not knowing how it got to this point.

After the high of shopping, you begin to have shoppers remorse before you even purchase anything at all. But, in all honesty, have you ever seen someone at Target put anything back on the shelf? So, you just sit there, staring at your cart and accept that this is happening.

9. In the checkout line and admiring your haul.

Once you get over yourself, you begin to look at your new items one by one and realize this was needed. After reliving your shopping experience you realize that you forgot the toothpaste, so you admit that stopping at CVS isn't the worst thing to have ever happened.

Target takes drive, endurance, and motivation to go, get your items, and get out. But, if you have ever gone through these 9 phases of shopping at Target, you know that drive, endurance, and motivation goes out of the window as soon as that popcorn smell hits your nose.