13 Things This Pessimist Loves About Positive Affirmations

a constant stream of positive, affirming words has done wonders to my subconscious and thought process.

156
Public Domain

I've often been called a pessimist, but recently I've been trying to get in a more positive frame of mind and my go-to method has been positive affirmations. I screenshot my favorites and keep them in a album on my phone for whenever I need a little positive jolt.

It sounds simple and even corny but a constant stream of positive, affirming words has done wonders to my subconscious and thought process. Have I become the happiest human or solved 100% of life's problems? Errr... no. Have I become a more optimistic, productive person? YES!

Here are 13 Things This Former Pessimist Loves About Positive Affirmations!

1. Reading positive affirmations are quick!

It doesn't take me long to read a few sentences of positivity, so I can even do it multiple times a day!

2. They're portable!

I can carry my phone or slips of paper nearly everywhere so I always have a positive nudge to read in a pinch.

3. It appears normal.

Lots of people read stuff on their phones so unlike randomly doing yoga on the quad, I can be anywhere!

4. So many options!

There are so many Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram accounts churning out positive words for humans who need them. It's totally infiltrated my Instagram feed in a wonderful way!

5. You can even write your own.

It can be a lovely way to take a break yourself and maybe even spread some cheer to others.

6. You can recycle them from the strangest places.

Bathroom graffiti, a professor's email or a friends' text are places I found positive affirmations to treasure.

7. The best aren't cheesy.

The best affirmations center you and lift you up while acknowledging the not-so-great moments of life!

8. They're the one place that typos don't bother me...

It's a reminder that a real human wrote out those lovely words to try to help somebody else who needed to read it.

9. It affects you instantly.

Even on my worst days, I can't help but smile when I read some positive text posts!

10. Rinse and Repeat.

If my positive affirmation doesn't always work a few rereadings, espicially quietly aloud, tends to do the trick!

11. The ones with doodles!

A cute cartoon only adds to the loveliness!! Exhibit A is these two pictures: cute cartoon sheep figurines add something...

12. Sharable!

You can easily text/share them if a friend needs some positivity in their life.

13. It's positive self-care!!

Scrolling through my curated album is better than aimlessly wandering the internet/YouTube even if I'm still on my phone...