To The Person Who Doesn’t Realize How Much I Appreciate Them

You have to be pretty cool if I compare you to the best literary heroine of all time.

163

Hey, you. Yes, you!

So, I recently wrote you a little note on the way back from a conference trip that we went to together. I kept it short with the amount of paper I had, but I told you that I had so much I could say about you. This is what this lovely piece of writing is for; I have approximately 450 more words to go at the minimum, and that’s going to be a pretty easy word count to reach.

I guess what I first want to say is thank you for just being you. Thank you for being a person who makes the world around them a little brighter. You never fail to make my day happier whenever I run into you. You always have something interesting to say, something that always gives me new perspectives on life and all its weird tosses and turns. I truly love conversing with you, and I always look forward to the talks we have.

I think I have told you this before, but also thank you for always making me feel comfortable in my own skin. Sometimes I struggle with self-confidence and self-love, but your reassurance and your positive energy always make me happy with who I am. You always comment on how I am a kind soul, but you are the true kind soul. You always show that you care about me and my feelings, and this is something that I truly value.

Also, just thank you for always motivating me to be a better person. I always see how well you conquer life and all of its stresses, craziness, and zaniness. You are student-teaching, being a pretty bomb CF, and just conquering everything in your life with every ounce of effort you have and that is amazing. Sometimes, when I am feeling stressed and overwhelmed with all of my responsibilities, I’ll see you handling your stresses extremely well, and realize that I can do the same.

I think you know very well that I am a huge literary nerd, and I love typing the people in my life as some of the greatest literary characters. If I could compare you to any of them, I would say you are very much like Scout Finch from “To Kill a Mockingbird.” Scout is never afraid to fight for what’s right, often putting others ahead of herself in the scariest of situations. She is confident, wise, and just someone anyone would love to be friends with. I think it says a lot about your character if I am comparing you to one of my favorite characters of all time, just saying.

I wish I could tell you how much I appreciate you more. You have been such a positive influence in my life this school year, and I am so happy that we were given the chance to get to know each other. You are creative, strong, wise, and overall just a wonderful person. Please never change who you are. Thanks for always motivating me to be a better person and being a great role model in my life.

Love,

Taylor