Perseverance Comes From Learning How To Dance In The Rain

Life can throw you many obstacles all at once, but God is right beside you

69

Sometimes life throws many obstacles your way at one time. Recently life has been pretty overwhelming with various events happening one thing right after another; and when it feels the rain will not let up at a point in your life you find the pieces of your inner faith.

Learning how to dance in the rain is not easy when it feels like so much is happening at one time, however there is one thing that will always help you get through the rain showers in your life and that is knowing that God is there with you. Once you come to the realization that you have somebody who is there right beside you it may feel that the rain showers are not so bad after all. When life throws many challenges your way one thing right after another it is a great time to truly understand that you were never alone and that God shows that he is ultimately in control. Rain showers in your life are there to be lessons as well as show you that you can learn to dance in the rain because though it may not quite seem easy, for when the unexpected storms hit it may be hard to see the light at first. Knowing that Jesus is always with you is a comfort for he will help you through the storms if you allow him to be.

Sometimes we need to just learn to be still, however in such a busy society that is not easy due to modern technology and all of the gidgets and gadgets that are readily available. With all of the technology sometimes it is easier to get distracted that we do not just be still to listen to the sound of the whispers in our ear reminding us that he is right beside us.

Psalm 46:10 (TNIV) Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.

Romans 5:3-5 (TNIV) Not only so, but we we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

So the next time you feel like it is always one thing after another and the rainstorms continue to fall, try remembering that God is right beside you to help you through it and take the time to dance in the rain for God will help you through and the lessons learned will make a difference in your life; so be still and listen to whispers of his voice. Amen.