Perks Of Life In The Midwest

Perks Of Life In The Midwest

The great old midwest

54
Perks Of Life In The Midwest
cottonbureau.imgix.net

I have never lived anywhere else but after living in the wonderful midwest, I would not choose to live anywhere else. I feel as though I have been very lucky to live where I do and be able to enjoy the things I do.

One of the many perks I have enjoyed is being able to have a cabin. I am able to leave my life in the city and run away for a little bit to my wonderful place on the lake. I feel so lucky to be able to escape for a bit and enjoy the sun and the lake. Being at my cabin is nothing like being at home. It is completely relaxing and I feel like I have nothing to worry about. I love being able to smell campfires and enjoy the sounds of the water and the boats on the water, instead of hearing sirens as they pass by my window. We don't have a TV at my cabin so we are forced to spend some time together and it's really nice. I love laughing with my family about the dumbest things like we haven't laughed in a while. I will never get sick of looking at the cheesy footstools that are covered in farm animals or the cheesy artwork we have hanging in the cabin. I will never get sick of hearing the screen doors opening and closing. I will never get sick of being able to sit on my dock when it's dark and listen to the loons calling to each other.

This one is a perk of living in Minnesota. Since Minnesota is the Land of 10,000 lakes, there are many beaches. I feel lucky to be able to go enjoy a lake whenever I have free time. The lakes are so pretty and so much fun to spend time with family. There are so many places to go and enjoy. We can go kayaking, swimming, or just laying on the beach.

People in the midwest are some of the nicest people I've met. Everyone is always saying hello when you walk past them or greeting each other somehow. People love to wave at each other from a distance and everyone loves to talk to each other.

I will never get over how wonderful a Minnesota accent is. I will never get enough of being told how Minnesotan I sound. This is okay with me because I am so proud to be from Minnesota. I absolutely love life in Minnesota. Even if I am getting made fun of, I still laugh it off because I love my small hint of an accent when I say certain words.

I will forever love the life I have lived and continue to enjoy every day. The midwest is special. You just have to let yourself enjoy it.