It is Perfectly OK To Be Alone Because It Makes You Realize How Strong You Really Are

That's when you will find your true self.
404

It is not the end of the world if your "perfect" relationship ends. It is perfectly okay to be independent and not have a boyfriend or girlfriend. For me just getting out of a relationship that I loved was one of the hardest things to do especially with the semester ending. I expected so much for this summer and then he ended it before it could even begin. Every day since we broke up I have been figuring out how strong of a person I really am.

You are STRONG.

Whether you think so or not, you are strong. I did not realize how strong I was until I started doing things to better myself. Getting out of a year-long relationship I thought it was the end of the world. I thought I lost everything, but in reality, I was just sad because now I was going to be "alone" for the first time in over a year.

No one is weak for missing their ex-significant other. It takes time to move on, but the key is to actually let yourself move on. It is not about finding someone else, it is about knowing who you are as a person and letting go and being your strong, independent self.

If someone else comes along, it wasn't meant to be.

If your last relationship did not end badly like mine it can cause confusion. My ex and I had a very healthy relationship, but he was not ready to give me the time I needed. With this being said I am in no way looking for another relationship right now.

I need to focus on myself and making myself happy before I start anything up again. If someone happens to come along so be it, that just means my last relationship was not meant to be. If he comes back to me, then I know he is the one.

Distract yourself.

If you are the type of person who only has a few best friends like me then distractions are key. Sometimes you won't always have your friends around for whatever reason and you need to find things you love to do. For me, that is my new internship this summer. I am going to be working with kids all day and I honestly am thrilled.

Every day I will be able to distract myself from any doubts I might have about myself and my last relationship. If you do not have a job you love, then go out and find something you do love. You can start running, doing yoga or just going on hikes. Sometimes just staying in and watching Netflix is enough. The key is to not think about what something could be. Live in the now and keep your head up.

You are never actually alone.

No matter how alone you may feel you are never really alone. You have so many people who love and cherish you whether that be your family or your friends. Even that girl or guy you happened to talk to twice in class or worked on a group project with would be there for you if you needed something.

It is surprising how good some people are and it's okay to look to them for comfort. Ever since my last relationship ended I have called my mom every day and have been talking to my girl-friends a lot more. It is the time where I need them most and I cannot thank them enough for always being there for me.

Even on your darkest days, there will always be light. Do not let your head down. It is okay to be on your own. You are a strong independent person who deserves the best. Whatever the world throws at you take it in with confidence. Show the world who you really are, but most importantly show yourself who you really are.