The Perfect Rom-Coms for Valentine's Day

43

Valentine’s Day is nearly here and that means it’s time to indulge in some romantic-comedies. Below are 10 of the best rom-coms that you should enjoy this season!

10. "My Best Friend’s Wedding"
This 1997 rom-com wins over audiences with an incredible cast and an entertaining plot line with a few dark twists. But whom will Michael choose, Kimberly or Julianne?

Memorable Quote: “I had the strangest dream. I dreamt that some psychopath was trying to break the two of you up.”

9. "Hitch"
How quickly we forget about our favorite junior high rom-coms. Long live the Q-tip dance and the “date doctor.”

Memorable Quote: “Never lie, steal, cheat or drink. But if you must lie, like in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away.”

8. "Sweet Home Alabama"
Melanie Carmichael’s redneck past holds many secrets when she becomes engaged to New York’s most eligible bachelor.

Memorable Quote: “The truth is I gave my heart away a long time ago. My whole heart, and I never really got it back.”

7. "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days"
Everyone loves a little Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey! Both parties refuse to reveal their true intentions in a battle to win a girl and lose a guy.

Memorable Quote: “Because you can’t lose something you never had.”

6. "Easy A"
Emma Stone slays as Olive Penderghast in this John Hughes inspired film. Easy A is hilariously racy. "The Scarlet Letter" is relevant again.

Memorable Quote: “Just once, I want my life to be like an ‘80s movie. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life.”

5. "10 Things I Hate About You"
A classic Shakespeare-inspired film staring Julia Stiles, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Heath Ledger. “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You” never sounded so sweet.

Memorable Quote: “Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want.”

4. "The Holiday"
It would be so fun to exchange homes with a stranger for a week; at least "The Holiday" makes it look entertaining! Jack Black’s best role to date. Yes, even beating out "Shallow Hal" and "School of Rock."

Memorable Quote: “Most love stories are about people who fall in love with each other. But what about the rest of us? What about our stories?”

3. "Love Actually"
A story filled with many, many characters comes together with all loose ends tied in a beautiful bow. "Love Actually" is heart-warming and charming.

Memorable Quote: “Love actually is all around”

2. "Something Borrowed"
He’s engaged to her best friend, but you just can’t look away!

Memorable Quote: “ I wanna be someone’s first choice.”

1. "When Harry Met Sally"
What happens when Harry meets Sally? Well, a whole bunch of stuff happens. This classic rom-com will make you smile and cry all at the same time. "When Harry Met Sally" will forever go down as one of the best and most beloved rom-coms of all time.

Memorable Quote: "What I'm saying is — and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form — is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way."