12 Do's and Don'ts Of Being A Restaurant Costumer As Valuable As A Nice Tip

From servers everywhere.

65
Bimo Luki

There are many things waiters/waitresses have to deal with on a daily basis that is enough to make them want to scream, long hours, hot kitchens, blisters, sore feet etc. so it's even worse when the customers are rude/annoying/anything other than the perfect patron.

So please, for the love of God, if you're going to go out to eat stop doing these things to make our lives a *little* easier

1. Don't change the entire menu

I get allergies, I get you maybe don't want onions or something small, but when you have a very particular order it makes it super hard and tedious
that being said...

2. Do remain calm when your orders wrong

Maybe I wrote it down wrong, maybe the kitchen messed up, MAYBE YOU WERE WRONG I don't know, the kitchen and I are both dealing with a lot at once and accidents happen, we'll be more than happy to fix it unless you're a jerk about it then we'll unhappily fix it SOOOOO......

3. Don't hide that something is wrong with your order

Please let us know, *calmly* like I said we'll be happy to fix it

4. Do tell us if you're not ready to order

That's ok!!! I've got six other tables I can go check on instead of sitting here tapping my foot anxiously while you go "uhhhhhmmmm..."

5. Don't stand in the middle of doorways or tight spaces

now I have to try and squeeze me and a tray full of dinners between you and this wall gr8 thnx nbd

6. Do tip

I don't think I've ever been such a bad waitress that I haven't deserved a little something. This is how we make our money!!!

7. Don't ignore us

If we ask you a question don't act like were not there, it's weird and it's uncomfortable

8. Do know how you want your steak/burger etc. cooked

If you say medium and I bring it out to you and you say there's "too much pink" you'll make my head want to explode.

9. Don't make an unnecessary mess

I understand spill and accidents, but that napkin you just ripped up on purpose and threw like confetti, guess who has to clean that up, me. Plus, it delays getting another table in my section.

10. Do watch your kids

(^ See above), make sure they're not making that dreadful unnecessary mess and please make sure they're not running wild through the restaurant they're trays that could be knocked over and drinks that could be spilled

11. Don't go out to eat if you're in a rush

I have no control over how fast the kitchen makes your food, in fact they really have little control over this. Please, for the love of god, if you're in a rush there's Fast Food places or granola bars for a reason

12. Do treat us like human beings

I understand that were serving you, but that doesn't make us your servants. Please, treat us with respect and not like you're superior to us.

Follow these simple rules and you'll be well on your way to being a Five Star Costumer