I Couldn't Have Done It Without You

I Couldn't Have Done It Without You

A list of all the thank you's to those who got me to where I am today.

446
I Couldn't Have Done It Without You
Photo by 许 婷婷 on Unsplash

I have been faced with more obstacles than I feel I deserve at the young age of 21. I've been knocked down time and time again, but I always stand back up. I get back up each time because of my empowering support group of family and friends. No amount of thank you's will ever suffice to show how truly thankful I am for all of you.

1. My mom

My role model. My biggest fan. My ultimate supporter. My best friend. There isn't anything my mom is not. All of my best qualities (and maybe some flaws too) come from this amazing woman. Thank you, mom.

2. My dad

While my dad may no longer be with me, he is still someone I owe a world of thanks too. I am forever thankful for those 11 years I had with him. I am forever thankful that though our time was short together, the lessons and love he showed me will last a life time.

3. My roommates

Oh this is a fun one! We might not always get along, but that doesn't mean we'd change a thing!

4. My boyfriend

Boys- can't live with them, but you can't live without them! Truly, my boyfriend is my best friend. I am forever thankful that Tinder of all things could bring someone I could share so much joy with.

5. All of my "aunts"

My mom's an amazing lady, so of course she surrounds herself with amazing friends. All of these amazing friends who have always treated me as if I was their own. I have so many "aunts" and I wouldn't want it any other way!

6. My many cousins

When you're the baby of 10 cousins, it's easy to feel left out. However, that's not the case with this lucky bunch. My cousins are really just more siblings in my family. I have them to turn to at all times, and the world is a simply a better place when you've got your cousins by your side!

7. My boyfriend's family

You don't have to treat me like family, but you do. You show me kindness and compassion and generosity beyond imaginable. I can't say thank you enough for accepting me as one of your own.

8. My friends who are really family

You know who you are ;) But truly, who are we without the support of our best friends? If we are anything without them, we are lonely. Best friends deserve a million thank you's, but do we always give them? No. Do they care? Nope!

The list could go on and on. I would not be how I am today without all the people I am surrounded by. The thanks I have is endless, and I hope others take a minute and stop to think about it; Who are you most thankful for?