Things That People Who Love Christmas Know To Be True

If You Think Christmas Is ‘The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year,’ Then You Know These 14 Things As Truth

Halloween just ended, but you can bet I’ve already gone through my Christmas playlist on Spotify 20 times today.

137
Ugly Christmas Sweaters

I'll admit, Halloween isn't really my thing. Blasphemy, I know, but I just don't get that hyped for it as everyone else does. I haven't dressed up since the sixth grade when I went as a flapper, I don't watch Halloween movies over and over again (though “Hocus Pocus" is my favorite), I don't decorate at all for it, and the only Halloween treats I had this year were two popcorn balls back in September.

Needless to say, Halloween isn't my favorite holiday. But as soon as it passes 11:59 on Halloween, you can bet that I'm already out buying candy canes and jamming to Christmas music (but not the new garbage like Pentatonix, the good stuff like Bing Crosby).

But, I know for a fact that I'm not the only one out there who loves Christmas. If you're like me, and you think that it's truly “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year," then you know these 14 things all too well.

1. The Christmas tree is put up WAY before Thanksgiving.

Personal Photo

If I could put up my Christmas tree in August without being considered “weird," I would. Actually, scratch that. If I could get away with it, I would just leave it up all year.

2. And it stays up until it’s practically February.

Personal Photo

My birthday is towards the end of January, so I used to beg my parents to leave the tree up until after my birthday. And even then, I still wanted to leave it up longer.

3. As much as you enjoy looking at the Christmas tree, decorating it is the best part.

Mickey Mouse gif

It quickly becomes a game of how many ornaments can I fit onto the tree. But all the hardwork of coordinating the ornaments perfectly makes it far more satisfying to look at for the rest of the season.

4. Pets + Decorations = Cutest Pictures Ever!

Personal Photo

Look at my little Callie! She’s just the most precious little angel! I could literally take millions of pictures of my cats with the Christmas tree and still think each one is the most perfect photo ever.

5. The Christmas music is on as soon as it’s November 1st.

Christmas music gif

Yeah, I'm not going to lie. I've already listened to all the classics at least 50 times and it's not even anywhere close to Thanksgiving yet. November 1st to December 25th is the only time of the year when I don’t listen to country. In fact, I'm listening to Spotify's “Christmas Classics" playlist right now. What can I say other than the fact that I'm dreaming of a white Christmas?

6. Someone has their Christmas lights out already? I need to go see them right now.

Public Square Christmas Lights

c1.staticflickr.com

Fun fact, Public Square’s Christmas lights are already up. I saw them the other day when I got on the Healthline without knowing that it had been rerouted onto Prospect Ave. because of construction in Downtown. Now excuse me while I go make plans to go see them.

7. Homemade Christmas cookies are the best cookies to ever exist.

Personal Photo

Baking at Christmas time is one of my family's traditions. And if you want some ideas for some absolutely delicious Christmas cookies, might I suggest taking a peak at this list of five cookies my own family makes every year for Christmas. Personally, sandtarts are my favorite to both make and eat.

8. Spending 3 hours in the ornament section looking at all the sparkling baubles you could hang on your tree is a risk you take every time you enter Macy’s/Hobby Lobby/Target/Kohl’s.

Macy\u2019s at Christmas

How can you help yourself? They’re so pretty! (Or at least, most of them are.)

9. Christmas shopping starts way before Black Friday.

Christmas shopping gif

It’s never too early to start looking for the perfect gift to get your family members.

10. Memories of Christmas are always the fondest.

Personal Photo

My Grandma Betty would always come out to Ohio from Pennsylvania for Christmas and stay practically the entire winter. So, making Christmas cookies with Grandma and Mom are some of my favorite memories. Also, driving around town with my dad after dark to see the Christmas lights while blasting Christmas music.

11. Christmas scented everything? Sign me up.

Cinnamon is the epitome of Christmas scents, so naturally it's my favorite scent in the entire world. Cinnamon scented pine cones, cinnamon scented candles, cinnamon scented hand soaps. You name it, and I've probably bought it before. Honorable mentions are gingerbread, cranberry, and peppermint.

12. Making DIY Christmas decorations is the most fun you could possibly have.

Personal Photo

Look at how cute that snowman candle holder is. It's absolutely adorable and perfect for using the whole winter. And the other jar would make a perfect adornment for your table during Christmas dinner. Also, I made these with some nursing home residents one year, and they absolutely loved them and had so much fun.

13. Christmas movies are a must watch.

White Christmas gif

How could you possibly miss out on Christmas movies? There's something for everyone: the creepy old claymation classics, the sappy, predictable Hallmark original movies, the endless reruns of “The Grinch" and “Home Alone," and classics like “White Christmas" and “It's A Wonderful Life." There're all great — except “Elf." “Elf" is literally the worst movie to ever exist and it needs to die in a garbage fire.

14. Two words: Candy canes.

Personal Photo

Candy canes are literally the best type of candy ever (besides cherry Jolly Ranchers, but cherry Jolly Rancher candy canes do exist). Though, I will admit, we can do without the bacon, pickle, turkey, and other bizarrely flavored candy canes. As much as I love bacon, the thought of bacon flavored candy canes makes me want to puke.

There is so much more that truly makes Christmas the most wonderful time of the year. We could sit here all day and just keep listing them.

But no matter what people say, it's never too early to start getting ready for Christmas. The people who grip, “Well what about Thanksgiving?" are just Grinches. So, keep spreading the holiday spirit.

And have a holly, jolly Christmas!