People Think I'm Gay And That's Okay

People Think I'm Gay And That's Okay

It seems every other day I have people questioning my sexuality - and that's fine!

72
People Think I'm Gay And That's Okay
Facebook

Ever since I was little, I've been a bit boy-crazy; I got my first boyfriend in kindergarten! Of course my interest in boys increased once I hit puberty, and as I got into college I enjoyed taking a gander at my fellow male students.

It was in college that I realized the majority of my friends were members of the LGBTQ+ community in one way or another; therefore, it was only inevitable that I would have a best friend that also happened to be gay. It's not like I cared or anything; I am very open-minded, and I think that her homosexuality only makes her a cooler person.

It was after we became really close - posting on social media all the time, starring in each other's snapstories - that I began to get questions of MY sexuality. At first I thought it was odd; people who had known me for a long time knew how much I adore boys, so I thought their questioning was a little strange. But then, it turned out people were asking specifically if I was dating my best friend, and no matter how many people I told "no," there would always be someone else questioning - even multiple times. My best friend even had her friends from back home questioning my sexuality and whether or not we were dating; to this day, there are still people who "ship" us.

Despite how often I receive this inquiry, I've taught myself not to worry about what other people think. My best friend is my best friend, and our sexualities need not interfere with our daily lives. Nonetheless, I know who I am and what I'm interested in. So what if a few people think I like girls? I'm honored to receive the hypothetical support and be thought of as a member of one of the strongest groups I know.