Do people think about death?

Do people think about death?

How far in the future have you look into?

19
Do people think about death?
google

This semester, i am taking a religion class in which we talk about religion especially our beliefs. This week i have been assigned to write my own obituary, credo and my spiritual bibliography. I was shocked and a little nervous about writing my own obituary. It was scary to think about death, it took a long time to think about before i actually started to write it. I was thinking about things that i would write about then i remembered that the Professor said that to see it as a projection to the future; i thought about all the things that i want to do in my life.

Before this semester stated, i had to read a book for the class ( Tuesday's with Morrie) which is a book about Morrie dying and not being afraid of death. I thought this book was very inspiring and had a lot to offer. Some of the things that the author said made me realize that people have always been afraid of things that they do not know; but in the story Morrie was dealing with a ot of things but he never quit. He kept his strength and he knew he was going to die but that did not scare him. While thinking about my obituary, i thought about the story and how Morrie was not afraid of death. I decided to start writing it visualizing Morrie and how strong he was. When i was writing it, i felt so sad like i was reading what happened to me on a newspaper. After writing about my death conditions, i went to my achievements and things that i wanted people to remember me by. I visualize myself as a well-known nurse, singer and runner. I also talked about how i enjoyed my life, my family and my work environment.

'' After graduating from MCPHS, Kenia and her friends traveled the world. She went to France,Scotland,South Africa, Ireland, Brasil, India, etc. She was a mother of two children Arohi Sharma and Felicia Sharma. She lived in India for 15 years. She worked at the Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital for 60 years. She was a very famous singer who taught children from all over the world...'' After i wrote it, i realized that most of the things that i talked about are things that i want to do in the future. I was very proud of myself about a future and looking forward to success.

I did not want to think about death or some conditions that i might die in. However not thinking about it does not mean that it does not exist. After this assignment, i was more open to take initiatives and get myself out there by doings things that i want to do and not get anything or anyone get in the way. I think about what i want to do in the future and set goals for myself that will help me get to where i want to be.