People Always Get Used To Beauty Though...

Even in the darkest of times, light can be found.

134
Marketingland.com

An idea from a book has consumed my thoughts and is the current reason I smile even when life gets me down sometimes. It has reminded me that when life seems a horrible abyss of negativity and bad times, it takes effort but is worth it to say “hey you don’t have it that bad.” But this quote goes far deeper and brings me a bit of clarity and awakening in any present negative situations and, most likely, in future situations. The book speaks of the weather in Amsterdam and how the people who visit find it magical, but those who are residents find it pesky and annoying. The reality is, in life we forget to be grateful about what we have and, furthermore, we forget to be grateful for the people we have in our lives.

Part of why I feel we lose ourselves in relationships and the reason why we seemingly fall out of love is simply because than that we no longer see the beauty in the person we are with. Lord knows at one point in the beginning, you look at the person you’re with and you can’t seem to exist without them. It’s like you can’t go a minute without wanting to touch them, just to be reminded they are there and they do exist and they are yours. The stars have finally aligned and given you your other half, the person to laugh and cry with, the person you may want to spend your future with, etc. Until they’re no longer yours because years have passed and you have forgotten why they are beautiful and why you fell in love in the first place.

Just like that everything is lost and forgotten. The beauty is gone and somehow the light you saw around that person seems to have dimmed. Maybe it happened to you with a person, maybe with a job you loved, or a friendship that was once your favorite. Now, if you’ve been there, or are residing in that place, do me a favor and look around… Get up and walk away from that mindset because there is still and always has been beauty around you. It just takes effort sometimes to see it and feel it. But with someone or not. Having the perfect job or not. Having this friend or that friend. Whether life is handing you lemons or some other bright and colorful fruit or if life is handing you a bit of crap, you can still find the beauty in everything.

I promise.