Peace In The Midst Of The Storm

Peace In The Midst Of The Storm

If we ask, He will provide it.

35
Peace In The Midst Of The Storm
Etinspres

Life is crazy. Life is interrupted. Life is messy. Life doesn't always go the way we want it to go. For me, life is all of the above right now. For the past 2 months, my life has felt like a constant challenge.

Often times our lives are crazy, stressful, and scary. Sometimes it feels like we are in the midst of a huge storm. However, the Lord provides opportunities to feel safe, through having a daily quiet time with the Lord and praying. Over the past few months, I have found so much peace and safety in crying out to the Lord and spending time with him. I have no clue how I would have made it through the past couple of months without my daily quiet time with the Lord. The Lord has continually showed me that His Will, will prevail! In Proverbs 19, the author tells us that, "Many plans are in a man’s heart, but the Lord’s decree will prevail" (Proverbs 19:21 HCSB). When life doesn't go our way, it is often times because the Lord's will is taking place.

These are just a few of the Bible Verses that have helped me to feel peaceful in these tough times:

Colossians 3:15 says: "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful."

1 Peter 5:7 instructs us: "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

Philippians 4:7 tells us: "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Psalms 29:11 says: "The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace."

John 14:21 tells us: "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Life is not easy, and it sure isn't easy without the peace and safety the Lord provides us with. Life is messy, but the Lord allows us to take refuge in His Word. If we ask, our Father will provide us peace. I am so thankful that I have been able to find peace in the midst of the storm.