A Heartfelt Goodbye To Freshman Year

A Heartfelt Goodbye To Freshman Year

One year down, three to go!

11
A Heartfelt Goodbye To Freshman Year
Forbes

Wow, where has the time gone? Just yesterday it felt like I was moving into that cold, and boring dorm room not knowing what college would bring me. I had so many thoughts running through my head that it was making me terrified.

And then saying goodbye to my family and seeing them all leave me as I stood there all alone. But now here I am. I survived, I learned things I never thought I would, and I met people that I couldn't even imagine living without now. At first for me it was a tough transition from high school to college, because all throughout my years nobody really prepared me for college.

Everyone told me what it would be like, but once I actually got there and began to experience college on my own it was not even close to how everyone explained it. There will still be drama in college but try to stay away from it, make lots and lots of friends.

My first day on campus I knew maybe 2 or 3 people so it seemed a little scary, but by the last day of my freshman year I knew at least everyone on campus. I may not have talked to everyone personally, but I had heard about them one way or another and because of that I didn't feel as alone. I knew there were plenty of people I knew and I had plenty of friends everywhere I went.

Throughout my freshman year I have made some amazing memories, things that will stay with me for the rest of my life. But then I've also had plenty of mental breakdowns and fights with my friends. College isn't meant to be perfect, it's gonna stress you out, and you are gonna feel like dropping out but don't ever give up. I went into college a completely different person from how I am now, and I am forever thankful for that. I'm proud of who I am today, and for successfully completing my first year of college.

Like I said there were some tough times I had to get through but you learn from those times. By the time my parents pulled on to campus today, I was beyond excited to go home. Yes I miss my friends, but I missed home more. Walking out of that dorm today for the last time, I knew I was leaving a lot of memories in there. For what started as a lonely cold room, turned into my home away from home and a safe zone. I knew I could always find comfort in my room, and my friends and I felt safe there.

We had fun, and made lots of memories. But as I said my goodbyes to everyone today I had tears in my eyes, knowing we will be hours away instead of a floor away. But as my one friend told me today it's not goodbye, it's see you later. Mansfield it's been fun, and it's been real. I'll be back August 23rd in room 266 to start an amazing sophomore year!