I Pay $15,000 in Tuition and You Can't Even Give me a Simple Plastic Cup?

I have the honor of going to college and become the best person I can be. Along with this I also, sadly, have to pay about $15,000 a year just to attend college. This includes meal plans, housing, classes, books and many more things the school charges for.

But I have an issue with this, last year I went to the cafe on campus for lunch. I use my meal plan all the time because that is what it is there for. A meal plan is six to seven dollars each swipe if you think about it in technical terms like that.

I grabbed a PB&J sandwich, a soda and a banana. The mean plans come with a drink and a side item, well during this lunch period a lady was working and when I went up to swipe my meal plan she asked "how would you like to pay for the banana".

I obviously questioned her as I was thinking to myself really, for a bunch of bananas at a store I can get them for 44 cents but here you are charging me 30-40 cents for ONE banana that should already come with my meal.

Also the fact that you are telling me I can only get a PB&J sandwich and that is one meal swipe is ridiculous. I can get peanut butter, jelly and a WHOLE loaf of bread for 5 dollars at the store and make a whole weeks worth of PB&Js.

Moral of this story is I did not get the banana because I only had meal swipes so all I ate was the sandwich, which seemed like a complete waste of my swipe.

Fast forward to the other day, I got a breakfast sandwich and soda from the same cafe. I sat down and before I ate I took my medication that is crucial and I had to make sure I finished all of it.

I had reasons to believe that it fell into my can of soda and I needed to find out. I went back into the cafe and asked if I could get a SIMPLE PLASTIC CUP. The lady said "sure I will have to charge you for that"....

WHAT?! Are you kidding me? I pay $15,000 a year and for what because clearly I can not get a simple banana or even a plastic cup that I really needed at the time.

University's seem to scam you out of every little cent you have to your name, I mean there are tons of places on campus where my meal swipe can not even be used which is ridiculous and sometimes some of the stuff is the same price as the stuff in the cafe where you can get a meal swipe.

There is no reason I should have to pay for a plastic cup or banana. I already spend an overrated amount of money to attend school and eat with my meal swipes.

STOP NICKLE AND DIMING STUDENTS.