Passing On My Wisdom

Passing On My Wisdom

What I learned in 22 years.

83
Passing On My Wisdom

I am the oldest of 4 children which automatically makes me the wisest right?I have been through things and I've seen a lot go down over the past few years. In 22 years I have learned a few life lessons that I believe should be passed down to the younger generations and here's what I have to share.

You don't have to party every night.

Now in high school and college you will get the invitations to hit up some parties and shake it on the dance floor but just know that it is just as cool to order out and watch Netflix with friends. As my stepdad always told me "You will never regret missing a party to get ahead on your studies."

Just because he is mean to you doesn't mean he likes you.

We were told this famous line when we were in middle school. "Don't worry! You know a boy likes you if he is mean to you." Umm Wrong. Some boys are mean because they are mean and smelly. Focus on your school and getting ahead in your education. The right boys will not be a jerk but they will respect you and treat you like the lady you are.

Class isn't something you attend, its something to live by.

No man wants a known party girl on their arm. They want a woman they can take home and show off to their family. Not a gossip and a prude. You are a reflection of your character and integrity. Channel your inner Blair Waldorf with out the skeeming.

Dress to impress.

You don't always have to be dressed to the nines but know that your Prince Charming or your next boss is everywhere. Don't look like a slob and know that a little foundation and mascara can go a long way! Be aware of how you look and take pride in yourself.

Keep up to date on current events.

You don't have to know exactly what is happening in every country around the world but know the important things.Not only will you impress your teachers and coworkers but you will also have an opinion which means you actually care about what is going on around you.

Never be political.

Politics are a No No! Never bring up politics in conversation unless you are in political science or government classes. It brings unwanted drama into the conversation and can make people very uncomfortable. Have an opinion but only express it when necessary.

Modest is hottest.

Sure it looks like fun to prance around in a tight outfit that shows off every curve and secret that you have but at the end of the night it brings unwanted attention. As they say "The cheapest prices attract the cheap customers."

Social media should be so social.

Social media is great for networking and seeing what old friends are up to but it is not a place for you to put your life out there. The world doesn't need to know personal details nor do they care that you got a coke zero and is having an okay day. Keep it clean and professional which means no alcohol and no classless pictures.

It's okay to be smart.

Most guys I know hate when a girl plays dumb. It's unattractive and makes yourself look like an idiot. Challenge yourself daily. Try out a new language or take a challenging class. It will work out in your favor later in your career or life in general. In your society women are showing that you don't need a man to be happy and that we can be anything we want to be. So get great grades, go to medical school or law school and save lives.

Learn the basics of having a car.

Know something about your car. Before I was able to get my car I had to know how to change a tire, check/change the oil and know a few other things. This is crucial to know because it will keep you off the side of the road and keep you from getting over charged when you take your car in to get serviced.

Be productive.

I can't stress this one enough. If you aren't busy then you are wasting time. Buy a planner and plan out your schedule. It will make it a lot easier on you when an opportunity arises and you are able to take it because you have already done everything you need to get done.

I know that growing up sucks but you can make it fun along the way. Remember that what you do today defines who you are tomorrow and that you shouldn't let anyone dull your shine. Even when I act like your mom just know that I will always be here for you as a big sister for all the questions you can ask mom about. Love you sissy!