Why I Don't Party With White People

Why I Don't Party With White People

It's not a race thing, it's more of a culture thing.

2984
Why I Don't Party With White People
ytimg

I have never been the type of person who would go out to parties every single weekend or go to the bar with a fake ID in hopes that I can get a little bit of a buzz off some cheap liquor, but I have gone to my fair share of events, and let me tell you, I hate partying with white people. Now, before you tell me that I am being racist and that I too am white, stop looking at the color of my skin for a moment and understand that I am 100% Turkish-Blooded which is an entirely different culture than the American way.

See Also:The Reality Of Dating A Black Guy In A Small, Predominately White Town

1. They party to get trashed

I am not entirely sure if this is just a college thing that happens, but for some reason every time I go out with my friends and we end up somewhere, it happens to be the trashiest thing that I have seen. Don't get me wrong, I understand the need or the fun in getting a buzz and letting loose and having fun, but I don't really feel that partying in order to puke is the best decision. Not that I am the life of the party and it's not like it matters if I go or not,, but wouldn't it be more fun if everyone was in the right mindset? Partying to have fun? Remembering the next day everything that you did?

The only reason I say this is because I have something to compare it to. The parties that I have been to have been with people who have a similar culture to mine. The hospitality is very different than the American hospitality and I think that they are a lot more fun and if you have not stepped out of your comfort zone and partied with people that are outside of your own heritage, I recommend you give it a try.

2. They don't have your back

From my experience at parties with other people, it's open fridge, open everything. If there is food and you're hungry, just say something to anyone and you'll be fed. Want another drink? Help yourself to anything in the fridge or the counter. There aren't really every people walking around with bottles in their hands either. Need some water because you may feel a little 'not so hot'? Just say something and people will take care of you until you feel better. It makes you feel like you actually matter and that you will be okay if something were to happen.

Whereas I have been to the other parties and I think that from what I noticed are entirely all too much like high school. They are cliquey and if something were to happen to you, as it did to one of my friends once, no one is going to help you unless they know and like you. I know that there are stories of girls helping each other if they are throwing up in the bathroom, but the odds of that happening are slim to none and that's why moments like that seem to be romanticized so bad.

3. They don't talk to you unless they know you

This point kind of plays off the previous point. The parties that I went to that were not with 'white people' were so amazing! Like I mentioned, anyone is willing to help you no matter what! I noticed that at these parties even if people do not know you, they will make an effort to talk to you and get to know you. Once they meet you once, any other party after that is absolutely great because they consider you 'known' and as if they weren't helpful and loving enough, you'll be set for life!

On the flip side however I notice that no one will talk to you unless they know you. If you are not a part of the 'clique' then consider yourself some outsider who came into a party that is just there for the free drinks which are in fact limited because unless you pitched for them, you don't get to touch more than a few drops.That's not to say that every party is like that but from my experience, unless you bring your own, you don't get to touch. And even if you bring your own, you better keep your hands on your own and don't you dare try to try anyone else's.

I can't speak for all interactions in the world at parties because I can't lie, I haven't been to enough to fully judge every single party out there, but the ones that I have been to have given a name to the type of 'partying' that happens, and it has definitely shown me that cultural differences are alive and well even at a time when they are supposed to be put aside since everyone is in one place for the same reason.