Party Food Troubles

Party Food Troubles

Fajita Dip Recipe
1

Have you ever been invited to a party and had to bring something, but had no idea what to bring? What about a family gathering? It seems that every time you have an idea of what to bring, either someone else is bringing it or it is just too expensive to make. Sometimes, we all have those lazy moments where we just don’t feel like making anything homemade. Well, lucky for you, I have a recipe that is a favorite at a party or any type of gathering that I will gladly throw in this article!

Those thoughts about what to bring are the absolute worst. It’s like you contradict yourself a million times before you settle on something to bring. Most of the time, we just buy it from the grocery store and say that, that’s fine. It absolutely is. I have done that plenty of times myself. Although, don’t you ever get that craving to make something, so you sit and look in a cook book for the perfect recipe? Then you get frustrated because you don’t know what you want to make. I think that we all have had those moments at least one time. It definitely is frustrating, I agree 100%. This is why I am going to include the recipe for fajita dip! It is one of the most popular dips that you can bring to any type of gathering or party! Here it is:

Fajita Dip

Ingredients:

2 tbsp vegetable oil

1 ½ lb lean ground beef

1 – 16 oz bag frozen chopped peppers and onions, thawed

1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped

2 – 1.12 oz packs fajita seasoning mix

1 tsp ground black pepper

1 – 12 oz can original diced tomatoes and green chilies, not drained

1 cup sour cream

2 – 8 oz packages cream cheese

1 – 8 oz bag shredded Colby jack cheese

1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Directions:

Pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil into a five-quart pot or dutch oven on medium heat. Add the ground beef, thawed onions and peppers, and jalapeno. Cook until the meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender (about 12-14 minutes). Add the seasoning packs and pepper, then stir until fully incorporated. Add the can of diced tomatoes and green chilies, sour cream, and cream cheese. Cook covered, stirring occasionally for 5-6 minutes. Add the shredded Colby jack cheese and cook until melty and warm. Stir in chopped cilantro. Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy it with your favorite dippers.