College Parking Pass

Parking Passes Should Be Free On College Campuses, We're Just Trying To Get To Class

College campuses make students pay a ridiculous amount of money in order to get to class.

95365
Brianna Shackelford

It is finally that time of the year again.

The time where everyone gets to go back to the place they call home. Back to college we all go. Millions of students every year flock to a lot of different colleges across the nation. Yet no matter how different each of the students' colleges seems to be, one thing remains permanent. That permanent staple across the nation seems to be overpriced parking passes.

If you are a commuter, like myself, then you know what I am talking about. Whether it is living off campus, or living on campus with a car for that matter, it seems as if every college wants you to pay extra to have you be able to park your car on campus.

I mean is it not enough that each year students pay up to 20,000 dollars a year just for an education?

Why make those kids who are paying that much, or maybe even higher depending on where you go, extra in order for them to be able to park on campus?

Our tuition already goes to paying for a lot of things. Things, which frankly, that make no sense to me what so ever. For example: Do we really need that statue of that one old guy who did that thing in 1782? I personally think it's a waste of money.

However, what is not a waste of money is taking part of our tuition money and making it so that you can park for free on campus. I do not need to pay an extra fee in order to go to school. I already give the school enough of my money as it is. This is just a hindrance for so many other students in college.

Some people in college may barely afford class, books, and gas to get to school as it is. So why make them pay a ridiculous amount just so they can park on campus? To all colleges across the nation, you have some figuring out to do.