what was the best era of music

My Parents Have The Best Taste In Music, Prove Me Wrong

Those days rocking out in the mini van were more significant to shaping my taste in music than anything else

5

I can still remember driving home from soccer practice in my mom's dark blue Chrysler Mini Van. The sun was shining through the windows and "Like I Love You" by Justin Timberlake was playing. My mom was singing along to every song that played from that album (Justified was a masterpiece, still is) and I was completely enamored with the melodies and sounds surrounding me that minivan.

Then came the 2004 Grammy Nominees CD. That was a game-changer. From "Work It" by Missy Elliot to "Hole in the World" by the Eagles, that album was played from start to finish in that minivan for weeks. My mom genuinely loved 80s and 90s pop, R&B and alternative music, with a little Sheryl Crow thrown in there as well. I can remember my mom absolutely JAMMING to "Lose My Breath" by Destiny's Child (It was pre-Tae Kwon Do class hype song). But back to the reigning queen of minivan music- Sheryl Crow. My mom took my brother and me to go see her in Battery Park in New York City when we were young, and it still is something I reminisce on and remember.

As I got older, my mom and I begin to connect on music more, especially when I found out she loves Fleetwood Mac, just like me. If my mom had a playlist of all the minivan music leading up to her favorite bops now, it would be straight fire.

My dad, on the other hand, loves country music, which is something we share and enjoy together. He loves The Eagles, Weezer, Hootie and the Bluefish, and last but not least, U2. I have been to four U2 concerts in my lifespan, not bad for a 19-year-old. When I was younger I thought it was just something to do, but now I thoroughly enjoy the band, and even have a playlist of my own that consists of strictly U2. Last summer my dad showed me "A Man and A Woman" by U2, and I was like "Woah, he really does have a dope taste in music."

Collectively my parents have molded my music taste into a one of a kind genre that twists and turns throughout many eras, artists and types. They have opened my world to new songs they show me before I even hear, or old songs and albums that are so intriguing to discover. So, case closed. My parents have the best taste in music.