5 Things Every Parent Should Teach Their Child

Read about the five main lessons I believe every child should learn while they're young!
1194

1. How to sew

I feel that this is such an important thing to know in a child's life because for some reason, I have always had the impression that sewing is something that is almost impossible to learn. I never learned it as a child and I really feel like I've been missing out. Having this tactic down under your belt early in life seems like a smart idea too, considering that not everyone is good at it.

2. How to change a flat tire

This is something I still have not yet learned how to do until this day. Personally, I am not very knowledgeable about cars so this too is something that would great to master as a child. Doing this enough as a youngster grows up will eventually become second nature to them! In this way, when the situation of having a flat tire rolls around, the child would be able to perform the process without any hesitation!

3. Start saving money ASAP

"The earlier you start saving, the better off you'll be" is something my father always told me as a child, so I started doing it. Instead, of stashing every little amount of money you receive from birthdays, Christmas, etc., putting a little bit to the side for savings can help exceptionally! Even just five dollars can make a difference, especially if you talk your child into doing it early. It will all add up to be something big one day!

4. Keep the germs away

I cannot emphasize how important it is to ALWAYS wash your hands. I feel like getting sick with a stomach bug or the flu is becoming more and more common throughout the nation, which is NOT a good thing at all! This next generation needs to always have this circling their brains because catching a stomach bug from someone else is not fun!

5. Yes ma'am, no sir

Proper mannerism says so much to adults when talking with a child. It shows that the child embodies self-discipline, maturity, and respect. I was raised to always finish my sentence with sir or ma'am when talking to an adult, therefore I still do it because it became something so normal for me to do. This is probably my favorite lesson for you guys to teach to your children because it will have such a positive impact on the child's life for the rest of their days and it just makes the child look like a neater individual altogether.

Each and every one of these ideas to teach your child are super important to me. Some of these things on this list are areas of skill that I have not even mastered yet myself! With the lightening paced media that is upon us, I believe that your child can take a break from it and really try to master these life lessons! I hope this list can help you or your child in some way for their or your future. Have a blessed week everyone!