3 Tips To Deal With Late Night Panic Attacks

2. Try to not concern yourself with sleep

818
Malibu Vista

Panic attacks at night plague many people who are looking for a good nights sleep. Studies have shown that the two major reasons that people lose sleep are physical pain and mental worrying. Many people who have anxiety and panic disorders claim that losing sleep is one of their major problems. Loss of sleep just compounds the problems that people with panic or anxiety disorders suffer from.

People need good quality sleep. If you can sleep through the night, uninterrupted, your body and mind wake up fresh and relaxed. People who suffer from panic attacks at night typically get maybe an hour or two of sleep at a time. When it comes morning time these people wake up groggy and under stress from their lack of sleep. This lack of sleep just makes their disorder that much harder to deal with.

So what can you do if you are suffering from panic attacks at night?

1. Avoid thing that keeps you awake

This may seem obvious to many but you would be surprised at how many people drink a Big Gulp of soda a few hours before bed. You should consciously try to avoid things such as soda, alcohol, and nicotine. Make sure you give yourself plenty down time at night and avoid things that keep you awake and you can avoid panic attacks at night.

This may seem counter-intuitive but the more you try to force yourself to go to sleep the more likely it is that you stay awake. If you do not relax your body, your mind starts racing and you do not give yourself a chance to fall asleep. Mattress reviews should also be taken into consideration as a mattress plays a vital role in a good night sleep. If your body is tired, anger and frustration can keep you awake and lead to panic attacks at night. If you just lay in bed without concentrating on sleep you will just drift off and sleep through the night.

3. Exercise

Studies have shown that exercise greatly reduces your anxiety. Exercise is effective in lowering your anxiety and it makes you tired. If you go to bed exhausted and with lowered anxiety from exercising you are very likely to fall asleep as soon as you hit the pillow.

If you follow these 3 simple tips you clear your mind from whatever worries are ailing you. Your mind tends to harp on things at night and this keeps a lot of people awake. You tend to analyze thoughts from the day and this can make you anxious and lead to panic attacks at night. The more you think and get riled up the more likely you will have panic attacks at night.