Dear Palo Alto, Thank You

Dear Palo Alto, Thank You

Palo Alto has made me who I am today, and for that I am thankful.

566
Dear Palo Alto, Thank You
Wikimedia

As I sit on this plane on my way home for winter break, I am faced with the reality that this is the last time I will ever get to go “home” to Palo Alto. A few months ago, my parents sold my house. I am filled with nothing but sorrow to say goodbye to my house, but more importantly my city.

Growing up, I was surrounded by opportunities that I never that I was blessed to have. The education system in Palo Alto is unbelievable, and truly helped prepare me for the four-year university I am about to graduate from. As someone who lives with a chronic disease, I couldn’t imagine life without the support from Stanford Hospital as well as the Palo Alto Medical Foundation.

Additionally, growing up in the suburbs helped me realize the importance of creating friendships with your neighbors, all of whom I love with all of my heart. They are my family.

The friends that I grew up around are friends that I know will be a part of my life until the day that I die. That is not something everyone can say, and all I can do is sit here and be thankful. I have been surrounded by nothing but support for the 21 years that I have been on this earth, and I truly believe that Palo Alto has had a huge impact on that feeling.

It’s hard to know that this is the last time I get to call Palo Alto my home. As much as I love it, however, I know that it is time to move on (literally) and explore what the rest of the world has to offer.

Palo Alto, I thank you for everything you have done for me. You have made me a better person, and you have given me nothing but pure happiness.