Overused Twitter Memes That Need To Die Off
Social Media

4 Overused Twitter Memes That Need To End Before 2019 Begins

RT for *insert here* fav for *insert here*

252
Group of people on their phones

Memes can make or break the internet. They have the ability to keep us entertained for a long time, annoy us to no end, or even both at the same time. Even though many do deserve the attention they receive, a lot of them are highly overrated. Following is a list of memes that need to be retired when the ball drops on January 1st at 12:00 a.m.

1. Don't say it / Don't say it / Don't say it / Don't say it / Don't say it / Don't say it / Don't say it / Don't say it / Don't say it / Don't say it / Don't say it

We get it, you're in a lot of situations where you don't exactly want to say something but end up blurting it out anyway. I appreciate you sharing these moments with us, but perhaps there are far too many of them. If you thought the responses were unwanted at the moment, know that they're just as unwanted on Twitter.

2. One taught me love, one taught me patience, one taught me pain

There is no denial that Ariana Grande's "Thank u, next" is practically the anthem of 2018. However, if I want to come across this line over and over again, I'll stick to listening to the song instead of reading it every time I scroll through Twitter. Ariana has gone through too much to be known for a meme this year.

3. RT for *insert here* fav for *insert here*

Even though this may be an effective way to gather people's opinions on one thing over another, these Tweets do nothing more than clutter up everyone's timelines. The problem is, these Tweets are created with the goal to go viral instead of actually gather other user's preferences. Twitter polls were invented for a reason and a good one at that.

4. Any and all Vine threads

Vine died for a reason! While most people still reference Vines all the time and put off writing a paper to watch Vine compilations on Youtube, Twitter should not serve as their new home. As someone who usually checks Twitter in public to pass time, I am never enticed to utilize my time by rummaging through a vine thread. Although Vine is gone, these short videos can still be watched on demand somewhere else within the interwebs.