oversharing is ok

Keeping It Real Beats Hiding Your Truth

I need to work on setting boundaries, but I also want to be real about who I am.

11
Keeping It Real Beats Hiding Your Truth

Recently this person I just met called me out on a lot of my sh*t and by sh*t I mean three of my main insecurities. It made me mad at the moment, but it was all true.

I never want to admit it, because it feels like such a negative aspect of me, but I over-share all the time. But, this wasn't a super awkward oversharing situation, so I didn't realize how much about myself I had shared.

I over-share all the time, but I don't think that's a bad thing. I'm aggressive about some of my opinions, and I'm happy joking about my mistakes.

The worst type of person is someone who can never admit when they're in the wrong, but call me out on my sh*t because I never want to be that person.

I've been in a weird place recently. I'm not living with my parents this summer. I'm trying to work on setting more goals, grow up a little and save a little money (because anyone who knows me knows I struggle with saving.)

I'm having a fantastic summer, but I'm always worried about what I'm going to be when I grow up or how the transition from college student to full-blown adulthood will work out for me.

I haven't felt motivated to write or explain what's going on in my head so in true oversharer fashion here I am.

Oversharing is honest and real.

Oversharing it saying, "I'm not a perfect person, and I think it's exhausting to try and act like I am."

I am a queen of oversharing and it's one of my biggest insecurities at the same time, especially when I'm not being conscious of what I'm sharing with people.

So, to my fellow oversharers, please keep speaking your truth and keepin' it real because in social media driver society we need people to let the world know that nothing is perfect and we're OK not pretending to be.