You Can Overcome Constant Worries With God On Your Side

My story about worrying and how God helps me.

9
heathermauthor

At the age of 12, you would not think someone would worry constantly, but it happens. I know this because I started worrying during my first year of middle school, seventh grade. It got to the point where I would not sleep much the night before school.

One night before school, possibly before a test, my momma was talking to me in my room. It just happened to be one of those nights where my worries about stuff I could not control or failing a test were getting the best of me. That is when my momma showed me the "Do Not Worry" passage in The Bible. Luke 12:22-24 became the verses I read whenever I felt overwhelmed and worried to the point of crying wherever I was at that moment.

Luke 12:22-24

"And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ya shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. Consider the ravens: which neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?"

These verses have many meanings to everyone and also are said in different books of The Bible.

Matthew 6:34

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

They mean that God's got your back all the time. He settles our worries and provides for us. In Luke 12:24, "consider the ravens: which neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedth them", means that with God on your side you will always be fed. He provides because He loves us.

In Matthew 6:34, basically states that we should not worry about tomorrow when we have today to enjoy. Live in the moment and trust that God will provide, instead of worrying about the day that has not happened yet.

Take it from a girl, who still has her bad days, but continues to get back up when she falls. Yes, I still worry, but I am better at stopping it now. With God, you can control your constant worries and give them to him. I am 20 years old now, eight and half years later, and a Sophomore in college, I am stronger than ever.

There is another verse that I hold dear to my heart, especially when I feel like everything is crumbling and I am worried about the future.

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

God has a plan for each of us.

Remember you can overcome worry, sometimes you just need a helping hand.

Even though I fight with my momma a lot. She is one of the biggest reasons, I am who I am today. Thank you momma for being my anchor and showing me God loves at all times.