It's Not Over Til God Says Its Done

It's Not Over Til God Says Its Done

Just wait on it.

5
Zoe Watkins

Have you ever wanted something so badly that you would do any and everything in your power to get it?

Isn't the old saying "quitters never win and winners never quit" right?

It was that time of the year again, cheer tryouts. I've been working the whole year for this one moment. I constantly stayed in the gym. There wasn't a day that went by where I did not go exercise, run or lift weights. My daily routine after school was: rush out of the parking lot, go home, get changed, and go to the gym. Dinner was always under a five hundred calories (or less). I was going to do everything in my God-given power to make sure I made cheerleader this year. Nothing was going to stop me from living my dream; so I thought.

This year would be my last year to be able to cheer ever. I didn't make the team last year so I became the mascot. I practiced cheerleading everyday! I was so dead set on making cheer, I didn't let anything mess up my chances. I lost about fifteen pounds and my muscles were on point. This was going to be the year I was an Austin High Varsity cheerleader. No matter what.

As the school year went on, the more and more I got dedicated. However, for some reason, the month of tryouts everything just flipped... literally.

Today was the big day. Tryouts were here. The clinic was three days long. The whole week I had just been off. I wasn't tumbling like usual, my legs were cramping up, and I was just off my game completely. I cried just about every night. I got to the point where I was ready to quit and never look back. I made it through the clinic and to tryouts. On the day of tryouts, I just knew I wasn't going to make it all the way through.

It was about two minutes before tryouts and I just knew it was over. I couldn't get it together. All the hard work I put in was about to go to waste because of one decision I was about to make: to walk out and say goodbye. I called my mom and told her to come get me. That was the end. So I thought.

I promised God has a good sense of humor. You may think everything is over, but it might just be the very beginning of something great. As soon as I thought everything was coming to an end, more and more doors began to open for me. I began to speak my testimony at different events. I was put in front of some very important people to speak about my life. I was even invited to help out in some political roles. I was asked to be a spokeswoman for a campaign team for a man running for mayor in my city and I also received internship opportunities with major companies. I knew God had major a plan for my life.

As I began to look back, I realized some things might not be meant to be after all. Right when I thought everything was over, God just reassured me that it was just the beginning of something great!