Why I Need This Election To Be Over Now

Why I Need This Election To Be Over Now

So over it.
6

I'm going to be honest with you, I've about had it with this election... and it's only June. Why? Because on an average Monday night at my house, I'm enjoying watching "Shark Tank" or some HGTV house flipping masterpiece of a show, only to be interrupted by yet another Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, etc. commercial in which he or she slanders the other candidates. My blood pressure begins to rise, my heart starts pumping and I'm decently sure real fumes start spewing from my ears as if I am in a cartoon. By the time the choice of which hardwood floors have been chosen, or which companies have been invested and by whom commences following the commercials, I'm already over my time of television for the night and head to bed.

Look, if I wanted to hear about people being untrustworthy, a racist, or having no experience for such an important position, I could watch one of my mom's soap operas, or flip on Scandal on Netflix.

I'm a politically educated individual who understands the stance of the current running candidates, and I have beliefs on both sides of political parties. That makes me fairly impartial, and the prime target for political candidates to campaign towards. However, the slanderous methods they use in said campaigns do everything but encourage me to vote. Currently, I have a very "Can we try again in four years?" attitude after all of the conflict in the news among parties.

Trump claims he can defeat ISIS in a matter of days, and Hillary claims she will completely get us out of financial debt. Both are not only extreme in their claims of capability, but in their methods of targeting the other as well.

Not that my beliefs need to align with yours, but I have a hard time choosing either one of these candidates. I don't fully trust Hillary, but I don't trust Trump either. I'm wary of the state of the country if either of them are elected, because I don't think either have the full capability to run the United States. But above all else, my patience is on its last leg.

We still have five months left before we cast our ballots, and you already can't watch more than an hour of television without hearing Trump or Clinton/Hillary less than six times (I counted while writing this article). I understand the American people need to be informed voters, but the time to vote is so far away, and the official candidates haven't even been announced yet!

As a registered voter in the United States, I should be allotted my own time and space away from the election when it is not even close to occurring. I go to work and people are consistently in a state of arguing, claiming that Trump is right, or Hillary is right. In reality, it's more so those who are arguing claiming they are right, not the candidates. But it still stems from the consistent commercials, slander, and news reports riddled by the candidates themselves.

Everyone is entitled to their vote and opinion, that's the beauty of being in a free country with an open voice and a democracy. But I'm at a point where I'm fed up and am just ready for the election to be over (sadly, no matter the outcome), so I can watch Shark Tank or HGTV in peace, can have more conversations than just those that question what my political stance is, and can finally have my sanity returned to my home address.

Wake me up when November ends.