A Different Outlook On Body Modification

I am a work of art.

9
Alyssa Tite

Three tattoos and three piercings. That is all it takes for people to look at me differently. The hoop in my nose means I don't agree with society and the ink in my skin means that I have no respect for my body. I am ruining my perfect body with this irreversible modifications. How could I ever do something so stupid?

Overweight people lose weight so that they can look in the mirror and be happy with what they see. I am not overweight, but I am still not 100 percent confident with my body. How do I cope with this? I modify my body. When I look in the mirror and see my piercings and tattoos, I am extremely happy with what I see.

My tattoos are memories that I have chosen to get permanently marked on my body. Images and quotes can be found all over my body, but these images and quotes are beautiful parts of my life. In turn, these images in my skin make me feel beautiful. I will never regret my tattoos, even if I grow to dislike them because at one point in my life I wanted the tattoos for one reason or another.

My piercings are nothing special to me, but I got them for a reason. My piercings make me feel confident. Everyone is born with a nose, but not everyone is born with a hole in their nose made for jewelry. My nose piercing is just one of many, but it is a good representation of the point that I am trying to get across. When I look in the mirror, I do not regret getting my nose pierced, because I think it looks beautiful. If I ever end up regretting my piercings, I can remove them with little to no damage to my body. My piercings make me feel brave, especially the riskier ones. They make me feel powerful.

Three tattoos, three piercings and growing. I will continue to modify my body and improve my confidence for as long as I am able. We are born with canvases to work with. What you do with your canvas is up to you. I am pretty happy with how my canvas is turning out.