It May Be Hard But It's Okay to outgrow Some people

Don't look back.

229

When you think about "change," fear typically comes to mind. No matter what it is, there's always something or someone that you think about when you hear a word like change.

But what makes it so scary? When you think about it, we're changing every day. We grow wise, more mature, and more aware based on all we experience and who we encounter. Although we're all growing and changing, we do so at different speeds.

Growing at different rates can be tough on friendships. It's hard when you feel like your friends are in a place where they don't seem to look at life the same way you do. But a reminder: that's okay.

We're born to grow and develop. As time passes we meet new people who often make marks on who we are in ways that we never knew were possible, and when we meet these people, we want nothing to do with those around us who feel toxic.

It's hard to let go of people, no matter how you slice it. But at the end of the day, all you're left with is yourself and your happiness, or lack thereof. Sometimes you have to choose: is it worth salvaging a friendship that doesn't always make you feel so good? Or is it best to distance yourself for your own good?

The answers to these questions aren't necessarily easy to come by, but it's something to think about.

I feel that there's a stigma when it comes to letting go of people, or doing what's best for yourself when you're surrounded by negativity, but I'm here to tell you that it's okay. If you're changing and moving forward with your life in ways that make you happy, do it. And don't look back.

Keep growing.